20

Gunner Jackson

The kneeling, I don't know where it came from I wasn't sure why it felt so normal and oddly right.

I kept my eyes down and my hands on my lap and from this I felt calm, my mind cleared then and I realised how unfair I was.

Here a man stood ready to love me and I was afraid. I didn't want to get my heart broken for losing him after just starting to open up to him and I had already assumed it was over that I had lost to my sister yet again when I should fight her, take her head on for what I believed in because honestly, what was the point?

What was the point of all those times Kaden came towards me, pushing forward so that eventually I'd get used to him being there. The lunch together, the free periods together, preventing him from putting people in coma's, even the week he spent taking care of me. Not to mention being in the wilderness together and actually having a good time.

His hand ran through my hair and I sighed.

I'd never even truly held Linus, been on a date with him or spent enough time to warrent using him as an excuse. Sure I liked him, yes, it was because of dreams brought to me of him that caused these feelings but with Kaden.

I liked Kaden because we made memories together. It wasn't one sided and it wasn't forced, we spent time close to one another, slowly we found things out about one another and strangely enough, I wanted to learn more. I wanted to see him beyond what everyone else saw and I did, I still wanted to continue. His fingers running through my scalp brought on a weird tingling sensation.

It felt like electricity going through me and I loved it. My cock stirred and I whimpered and tilted my head up for more when we heard foot steps.

"-I'll be quick! Just wanna ask him about the assignment."

My eyes snapped open and I looked up at Kaden who was at ease watching me enjoy his touch. I slapped his wrist then stood and pushed him back, he landed awkwardly onto his back and I turned to the board right as the door opened.

I blinked happy for the duster in my hand.

"-this is why we ca-" I looked over flushed. "Simon, hey." I cleared my throat, placing the duster down and clapping my hands, I didn't bother looking over at Kaden as I watched Simon squint suspiciously between the two of us. "How can I help you?"

"Oh- uh, well, I wanted to ask about the group project is all,but-ah, I can see Kaden was on it?"

I blinked looking over at him now sitting on the table, looking bored and holding a folder. Where did he get it? No, when?

"Ah, yes, you two are in it together,right?"

"Yep." Simon kept his eye on Kaden, popping the p. I looked back and he only raised a brow at me in question and shrugged.

"I was wondering if I can't get out of group work."

"No-"

"Never." I blinked looking at Simon who glared before offering me a smile. He proceeded to ask me a few questions and once that was done he looked over at Kaden. "Aren't you leaving? Or do you have more questions?"

"More questions."

"Then ask."

"Very personal."

"Why?"

"Because I want to."

I watched back and forth, the ease of Kaden and his deadpan and the fuming Simon with his expressive irritation, I raised a brow.