37

Gunner Jackson

So my baby was graduating and I had to shake his hand and not kiss him but it was okay. I was the proudest mate around I tell you, crying and clapping and forgetting about other people's hands. Being laughed at for it and loving the roar of wolves in the crowd Kai especially and Ma chanting.

It was beautiful, he was handsome and so happy to be out of this place. He didn't want to go to college, instead had taken to working at the the local mechanics shop which he had often part timed over the years to help his mom, he was good with his hands and he already knew so much that the owner had no problem offering him the job once he finished high school. I was so proud of him, some of the staff had been disappointed when considering how smart a student he was, claiming he could have been a doctor and saved lives to which I told them that everyone saves a life in their every day without knowing.

He could fix a car that could have resulted in an accident and killed the driver and a pedestrian if he hadn't picked up the problem. Teachers save lives just by caring a little bit more, giving resources to students and empowering them to help one another. Retailers too, boosting confidence in people who were too shy about certain clothing. Merely existing is enough and judging a person just because they didn't take the road you had envisioned for them is wrong.

I knew my baby could be a stay at home husband if he wanted and I'd support him as long as he was happy. It didn't matter.

We should appreciate the little things, or else we'll never know joy.

It was around January the next year when we got married. In our backyard of course. I did everything. Hair flip. I cut it by the way. It grows fast though which was a pain but Kaden enjoyed pulling so. It's okay. Sometimes.

The pack gathered and got ready to approach the seating on the sea. Yes, I used my power to hold the sea so they could set chairs there and a little rose covered thing and every wolf was terrified but it was okay. They had to be bearfoot too. I considered giving everyone a tail but Kaden said no because he wanted to wear a proper full suit.

I emerged from the sea like I wanted to, a grand entrance, with dolphins jumping out above and behind me as I rose from the water in a suit of the same colour. Magic of course. Kaden chose white with a touch of my outfits colour along the edges. My smile was wider than the sea as he strut across the aisle. Our song played, what we called the gay anthem.

My stoic man worked his spot light like a pro and I was in tears. He didn't have flowers and he kept his face all handsome and serious, smiling when he saw me. Gosh, aren't we cute?

When he finally got to me, I grabbed him by the collar unable to wait and kissed him. Everyone cheered and whistled and as we broke apart his mom called us hormonal children.

We said our vows, exchanged rings and kissed again. Every wolf stood and took their chair running for the shore afraid the water would swallow them up. It was a really good laugh, beautiful and so very us.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

We made out on the sea, he managed to push me down and I swear we would have had sex right then and there is Kai hadn't kicked water at us and laughed before kicking Kaden in the back.

So, coming back to school right after since our wedding took place during the school year and we had decided to take our honeymoon later in life. Everyone wanted to know. Seeing as I married him I came out to having married the schools old bad boy and the looks of horror were hilarious.