Chapter 4//Study group

I walk up the long staircase to the library. I made it to the end of the day of my second day of college. Everything came together smoothly today rather than yesterday. I haven't spoken to Chase the head of the group again. I wonder if he's in the freshman like me but I doubt it being he's the head of the group. If we're just going to get to know one another I have prepared myself for that. I don't want to be the shy girl I was in high school. Well, I'm not going to go all out confident I just want people to like me.

As I walk into the library I notice some kids spread around reading or studying. I don't think their apart of the group though. I walk further in and notice a boy with curly brown hair that falls above his eyes, blue ocean eyes, pearly white smile, olive skin. He's wearing a button-down plaid green and black shirt with blue jeans. I swallow hard when he catches me staring. The boy hops off from sitting on the table walking toward me.

The boy holds out his hand, "Hi, I'm Chase Hent," he starts off as I take his hand. Oh my, this was the boy I spoke to over the phone? Man is he cute.

"Uh, hi I'm Cas. We spoke over the phone remember?" I question releasing his hand shoving mine in my pockets.

He smiles, "Oh yeah I do recall that. Come on let's introduce you to the others." Chase speaks turning on his heel back to the table he just was sitting at. "All right this is Nash, Lynn, Martin, and Jackie. Nash, Lynn, Martin, Jackie meet Cassandra who goes by Cas." He finishes as he sits down next to Jackie.

I told myself I'll be more friendly but all the attention on me. For now, I just wave and smile sitting next to Martin. I feel eyes on me but I just try to ignore it. Maybe she wants to talk to me? I turn my head to Jackie. "Hello," I say aloud.

"Hi, did you just start here?" She questions bringing her elbows on the table.

I nod my head, "Yeah I'm a freshman. How about you?"

She grins, "I'm a junior been here for a while. Lynn is a sophomore, Martin is a senior this is his last year, Nash is a freshman like you. And our captain Chase as I like to call him he's also a senior." Jackie mentions folding her hands together.

Chase looks up from the papers looking from Jackie to me. "Don't worry Nash and Cas this will be fun. We'll all get to know each other a little better." He smiles at Nash and I.

I nod my head wiping my sweaty palms on my pants.

------

After the meeting is done I walk out of the building to my car. Jackie was very talkative she wanted to know so much about Nash and me. She was not mean or anything it was just uncalled for. They let us know when we meet. Sometimes they meet off-campus like at a cafe or the park. They told us to let them know if we can't make it which I don't see how I wouldn't make it because that sounds so fun and relaxing.

I sigh tossing my bag into the passenger door closing it. As I'm walking to the other side of my car I notice a human figure leaning on my trunk. It's Jackie. She grips her reusable cotton tote bag shifting her feet to stand straight.

"Hey," She starts.

I scratch my neck, "hey."

"Do you wanna be friends?" She asked looking away to her tote bag messing with the strap.

I was taken a step back by her words. We have just met and she already wanted to be friends? I didn't even think she liked me.

I clear my throat, "Oh, sure I'd like that."

She nods her head, "thanks. It may seem that hey I'm a junior I have tons of friends but I don't. And I don't know I just felt a connection with you... I hope this isn't weird. And I know I may seem intimidating but I'm not especially when you get to know me." She lets me know flashing me a smile.