Chapter 20// Five years later

- Five years later -

After my years as a new mom, I managed to take care of a newborn and still be able to finish school with the help of my parents and Jackie of course. My little girl is named Ally and she has not met her father Chase who doesn't want to be in the picture. I promised her I will be the best mother I could for her and I believe so I am. Just enough for her. She even watched me graduate college although I know she didn't understand what was going on. We moved to a house of our own in the same neighborhood as Jackie. Speaking of my best friend. She found out more about her lost love and they actually met up and started going on a few dates and now they're are married with their adopted daughter. Ally goes over there to play all the time.

My parents have told me plenty of times how proud of me they are. I remember I cried my eyes out when Ally was born. She was the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. My mother was right there beside me along the way. And I was glad for that.

Now I work while Ally is either at my parents or at day care. I work in an office which is pretty small but that's okay for me. I work in sales and I have made a couple of friends there although we never keep in touch outside of work. I'm fine with that though because I'm not really looking for friends right now since my fun days are long over. All I care about right now is my little girl and my best friend and my amazing parents.

-----

Ally and I go over Jackie's house and Jackie's wife is out for a meeting for her job so it's just Jackie and I and our little girls. They are in Karry's room which is Jackie's daughter's name. I was there for the adoption it was precious. Her wife Mila and herself were so happyy that day and as was I for them.  Right now we're just flipping through channels. Her and I can never agree on the same thing to watch.

"Uh, no. No. No! I don't want to watch celebrities. Who cares about whatever this is awards show?" Jackie mentions crossing her arms with her feet on the coffee table.

I shake my head grinning, "Well, what do you suposse we watch?" I turn my head to her as I'm about to flip the channel she grabs my wrist. "What!" I spoke startled. Jackie doesn't take her eyes off of the tv as she lets her feet fall slowly to the floor.

Her lips move but no words come out. She licks her lips, "look. Is that..."

I squeeze my brows together as I turn my head to see a man I don't recgonize. I start to shake my head until a woman appeared next to him on the red carpet.

"Dy- Dylan?" My mouth parts as I feel something inside me quiver. I recognized Becky in a flash and it all made sense that it was Dylan right beside her. I moved my eyesight down looking everywhere feeling something strike inside me I thought was gone.

"You heard it here, famous actor Dylan O'Brien will be having a meet and greet right here in Los Anglos California. Details on our 'Hollywood.org' website. Check it out! Tickets will be sold fast so get them while you can-"

I changed the channel as I set the tv remote down. I felt so disbelief. I thought he was out of my life for good. I scoffed a bit, "famous actor? What."

We both fell silent for a good few minutes. I was just sinking it all in. The last time I saw him he was telling me how he loves me. He doesn't know how much that hurt me as I never heard from him again. I kind of expected that though. I knew it was a goodbye.

"You should go to that." Jackie blurts out taking a swig of her beer. I turned my head giving her a weird look.

"What?"

She sits up positioning herself toward me, "I said you should go to that. Drive to LA and meet him. I know that reaction you just had means you still love him."