Chapter 8// Study and more study

I wake up from my free period after I passed out on the desk I was sitting at. I had a long past few days of studying super hard for a big test I was having in two different classes. The first one is for biology the other is for history. I haven't really hung out with anyone in a while because I was studying really hard and whenever I have to study I like to be left alone. I wiped the drool off the side of my lip then sat up cracking my neck. There weren't many students in here now that I'm awake. I guess others left. I gathered my things noticing the time.

My tests were next week but Monday isn't that far away since today is Friday. I walked up the steps to my next class which was history. I walked in the class sitting at my usual spot which was in the front to the right. Minutes passed and my professor walked in the class as he set his belongings on his desk. He stood away from his desk as he wrote on his chalkboard that read for us to study for the exam that is on Monday. As if I wasn't studying hard enough already. What a long day it's going to be.

------

I was at my job working the cashier as usual. My eyelids were falling all by themselves I lost control. I was holding myself up with my hand as my elbow was resting on the cashier. When my eyes closed I slipped my elbow hitting the cash opener and then it hit me in the stomach. I groaned out Loud rubbing my stomach as I closed the register.

"Ow," I mumbled to myself.

I grabbed my coffee taking a sip to wake myself up. After I put it back under the shelf to hide it from my boss. As I looked around I saw kids laughing; other kids on their parents phone. And when I looked to the entrance I saw who I hoped I wouldn't see. Becky...

Blowing a long breath out I sit up tall learning my throat. Becky walks up to the register as her eyes are peeled elsewhere looking around. I wish there were more than one chasier here so I didn't have to speak to her. Her eyes glowed when they landed on me.

"Wow, Cas I didn't you worked here. I was just here to order food for my boyfriend and I." She grinned her tone loud and preppy.

She acts like I don't know who her boyfriend is- I literally live with him. "What would you like to order here at pizzaera groove?" I asked her as I lifted my hand to clear the screen of the register.

Becky put her hands on her hips looking past me at the menu. "Hmm, I'll take two slices of plain pizza. One thing of fries and do you guys have diet soda?"

I breathed in and out. Our refrigerator was right to her left. "Yeah, we do it's right to your left." I forced a smile.

"Great!" She excliamed.

I nodded my head as I calculated the total. "Twenty-five nintey four please." I spoke.

The girl before me whipped her hair behind her as she fetched in her purse for money. Nope she gave me a card. "Here you go."

I grinned taking it, "please put your pin."

Becky did as I asked and the money went through, "would you like your recent?" I asked.

She giggled, "sure Cas I wouldn't want Dylan to think I spent millions of dollars here at pizzaera groove on his card." she spoke with sass in her tone.

I scoffed. Wow Dylan already gave his money to her. I bit my lower lip, "yup your right." I took out the recent then handed it to her. "You can wait over there for your food. Enjoy."

Becky strut to the location I told her to wait. There were some heads turning to her as she walked. I squeezed my eyes shut shaking my head. Arg I really need to get home to study.

----

My boss gave me the keys to close up tonight. While I walked outside of the front door I took out the keys locking the doors. After I sighed under my nose turning to the parking lot when my eyes fell on someone. His curls fell on his eyes as he smiled wide. I grinned stuffing the keys in my bag.