StrangerCon: Day One

StrangerCon is becoming a bigger event every year it is held, and now that the show is filming again for its last season, the first location of the 2023 tour—Chicago, is expected to be the most attended iteration of the event thus far. 

For the past two years, organizers begged for Millie and Finn to attend the same days and hold a panel together but Millie had always refused for reasons obvious to only her, Finn, and their close friends. So when the organizers sent their yearly please attend together, the fans would love a Mileven panel email, they were stunned to hear back from Millie and Finn's teams that they would definitely be interested, and not just at one of the locations, but all of them. And apparently, the marketing team for StrangerCon took that as a sign to get straight to work concocting very Mileven centric ads to attract attendees.

"Look at this one." Finn laughs in their shared hotel room, tossing her the brochure. 

Millie picks it up off the bed and reads aloud, "On May 13th and 14th, get your chance to see the stars of Stranger Things at a once-in-a-lifetime event hosted at the Donald E. Stevens convention center. All the stars align this year with a special panel focusing on Mike and Eleven's evolving relationship with commentary from Millie Bobby—Blah blah blah." She scoffs, "They are seriously overcapitalizing on this." she gripes while inspecting the photo of her in Finn's arms, sometime back in 2020. Really, it was Eleven in Mike's arms but this particular photo embodies a much higher Fillie vibe than it does Mileven. Something Millie is sure the marketers of StrangerCon are fully aware of. 

Her manager warned her that the panel host will almost certainly be asking whether or not Fillie is an actual item, and Millie isn't sure yet what her answer will be. There obviously has been speculation on every form of social media for months now, but with no confirmation from either of them, fans are still gnawing at the bit to have a concrete answer.

Why, Millie wonders, does everyone care so much whether we're together or not?

"You know people just want to know. People hate not knowing things." Finn says, looking pointedly at Millie. She thinks she verbalized her thoughts out loud but Finn lets her know otherwise, "I always know what you're thinking, babe. . .and why don't we just tell them? I mean, what's the harm. . .really?" He stands, apparently finished studying the day's activities on his schedule.

"I'm afraid that once we confirm it, the paparazzi are going to have a field day, and not just about us. They'll dredge up everything from our pasts that they think could break us."

"Nothing can." Finn throws himself onto the made bed like he's about to make a snow angel on the fluffy white comforter.

Millie smiles at his confidence, "I know that, but it would still be annoying."

"Maybe we can shock them into silence." He offers, leveraging himself on his elbow.

She furrows her eyebrows.

"If we confirm our current relationship, and that we dated before and throw in the little detail known as Oliver—"

Millie's eyes go round and Finn stops, "Why not?" he asks as nonchalantly as if he were asking why she doesn't want pizza for dinner. She regards him a moment, trying to figure out if he's joking or not. For once, she can't really tell.

"Are you messing with me?" She asks with a contemplative, wavering smile.

Finn sits up fully and places his feet on the floor at the end of the bed, "I'm not kidding." he says straight-faced. "I want the world to know about him—if that screws things up for me then so be it, but hiding him feels like I'm ashamed of him and I'm not. I am not ashamed of him or how he came to be or how old we were when we, well. . .made him." He holds his arms out for Millie and she walks into them. He rests his head on her chest, hugging her waist while she runs her hand through his mop of curls that he has let grow wild again. She purses her lips as she truly considers his request but. . .she just can't.