The 105th Academy Awards After Party

A misty, cold drizzle drifts through the vibrant LA skyline as the prestigious 2033 rendition of the Oscar night post-show interviews wrap up, leaving everyone's favorite Hollywood couple fast walking to their limo with their omnipresent friend following close on their heels.

"But we'll see you at the after party right?" Noah asks Millie and Finn, his arm slinked around the well-dressed waist of his on-again off-again girlfriend, Charlie D'Amelio.

Millie slides elegantly into her limo, shuts the door and rolls down the window to continue her conversation while Finn hurries around to the other side, holding three heavy golden statues, one of which is Millie's, but she can tell the feeling of three in his arms is intoxicatingly ego-boosting. She'll let him feel it just for tonight.

"We need to get home, Noah, I told you we probably wouldn't be going out tonight." Millie reminds her past and current best friend.

Noah flaps his arms at his sides like a grumpy four-year-old, "But that's what you said last year!"

Millie guffaws, "Last year? Last year?! You must be joking." she eyes him harshly, her manicured brows lowered in an annoyed disbelief.

Noah's face questions her reaction, "Yeah, you skipped then too! You've gotta come out tonight."

"Noah!" she yells, sounding more British than usual.

"Millie!" Noah mocks in his best British accent.

Finn settles into his seat and she looks at him with pleading eyes, then rolls them back to Noah and an increasingly uncomfortable looking Charlie, "I was in labor Noah! How do you not remember? My water broke half way through the show last year! While you were partying it up, I was stuck in a hospital while my son tore his way through my birth canal! And he did a right fine job of that, the little chunk that he is." she breathily laughs and tucks some of her wavy hair behind her ear.

"Oh riiiight!" Noah snorts, then covers his mouth, "Those Martini's last year must've been stronger than I remember." he blurbs a disbelieving laugh out of his lips while rubbing the back of his neck, looking to Charlie for confirmation which she vehemently gives him, as they were "on-again" then, too.

Finn leans over Millie and sticks his head out the window, "Are you telling me you don't remember any of it?!"

Millie shoots him a deathly glare but he keeps on, "Had you been sober, you'd have the most amazing memory of Millie completely spazzing while we left the hall and—let me tell you—she was leaking amniotic fluid everywhere. You should have seen her face when Leonardo Dicaprio got up to help her and she got some on his thousand dollar Fendi's an—fu-Ow!"

Millie's stare that accompanies her pinch on the nerve-rich skin of Finn's underarm is more than enough to get him to shut up with the retelling of what she considers the most embarrassing night of her life. Even more embarrassing than when she was photographed throwing up in a bush at Disney World during her Bachelorette party while her mother looked on with disappointment, holding her one-and-a-half-year-old granddaughter and wondering why her daughter couldn't hold down the one alcoholic drink she allowed herself that day.

"Geez, babe, why do you always have to do that?" Finn whines, rubbing the back of his arm.

"It works." She says matter-of-factly, "And until it stops, I'll keep doing it."  she flutters her eyelashes cheekily.

Finn raises his hands in defeat, "Fair enough, I'll learn my lesson one of these days."

"One can only hope." She smiles at him and they share a quick peck.

"Okay, Okay. . ." Noah concedes, clapping a hand on the limo door, "Go home to your horde and do whatever it is old married couples do when they win multiple Oscars."