Author's Note

Greetings, Reader,

Welcome to "Frosted Scales," my How to Train Your Dragon and Frozen crossover tale.

As with all fanfiction crossovers, it's beneficial to be familiar with the original movies, shows, or books to fully appreciate the characters and their stories. For those newer to either franchise, the titles referenced in this story are:

• How to Train Your Dragon (DreamWorks)

• Frozen (Disney)

If you haven't seen these films, I highly recommend watching them first to ensure you don't miss any context. This story intertwines the core plots of both films.

Here are some key points that may be useful:

• Toothless does not lose a tail fin in this story.

• The narrative begins right after Elsa performs "Let It Go" and a few weeks after Hiccup and Toothless bond.

• This story contains no explicit content. While it might be tempting to explore an intimate Ice Queen/Dragon Rider fantasy, my goal is to create a story suitable for a broad audience.

• If you're not a fan of the Hiccup/Elsa pairing, you may want to bow out now. This story focuses on that relationship, and I prefer to avoid ship debates in the comments.

• Both Hiccup and Elsa are aged 18 in this story, as opposed to their original ages of 15 and 21. This adjustment is made to avoid any implications of inappropriate or illegal relationships.

Please note that I do not own any rights to either franchise; this story is created purely for entertainment purposes. The characters belong to DreamWorks and Disney, respectively.