Roddys Room

It's been a rough couple of days.

After Roddy got out of surgery, he went into a coma. The doctors said that taking out the bullets nearly killed him so his body is trying to fight between being alive or dying.

After hearing that, Olivia nearly fainted.

Roddy's mom believed her son was definitely gonna wake up but Olivia wasn't sure what to believe.

She was in too much pain. Her heart couldn't stop hurting, she couldn't stop crying and she could barely eat.

She was like a walking zombie.

Her mind constantly thinks of the fact that in what could possibly have been Roddy's last moments, they spent it mad at each other.

That thought made her sick enough to throw up.

She couldn't stay strong. As much as she tried. She couldn't.

Her mom flew from NY to LA in hopes to help her daughter feel better but nothing is working.

Olivia wanted nothing more than to be in the arms of the man she loves. She wanted to put this horrible nightmare to an end.

-

"Olivia come on. You gotta shower so we can go to the hospital."
Onika stared at her daughter laying down on Roddy's bed. She'd been wearing the same sweatsuit for two days now.

"I'm okay, I'll just go like this." Olivia got up and rubbed the sleepiness off her eyes.

"No you need a good shower and you need to wash your hair. So go to the bathroom."

"But ma"

"GO!"

Olivia groaned and walked to the bathroom.

For as long as Onika can remember, Olivia always took extra care of herself. She was the pretty girl with the jewelry, nails, hair done, and nice clothes. You could never catch Olivia having a bad day.

Now she's barely recognizable. Her nails weren't done, her hair a jumbled mess, and not even bothering to do basic hygienic routines.

Onika knew she was hurting and that her appearance was the last of her worries, so she didn't say anything to her. But she definitely knew she needed to do something before it got worse.

Walking into the bathroom, Onika caught sight of Olivia staring at cute little heart shaped necklace Roddy had gotten her when they were younger. Olivia used to keep it tucked away for special occasions.

She felt the need to bring it to her in hopes that Olivia would at least smile. But it didn't help. Not even a little bit.

Onika watched as her daughters eyes teared up as she clutched the necklace near her heart.

Walking up to her, she wrapped her arms around Olivia and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"It's gonna be okay baby. I know you're hurting but you have to trust that he'll be okay."

She listened to Olivia's small cries while she felt her own heart break into a million pieces. What was a mother supposed to do in this situation? No amount of words would be able to comfort her. It pained her to know that there was nothing that she could really do.

"Come on. Let's get you in the shower."

Onika helped Olivia strip out of her clothes. She turned the bathtub on and let the water get warm before telling Olivia to get in.

She watched as Oli sat down and then she grabbed a small tub, she filled it up and began pouring water on her head.

"This reminds me of when I used to bathe you as a little girl. You loved taking shower. You used to purposely get dirty so that I could bathe you again."