Chapter 3

Brennen's P.O.V.
"I said yes!" she tells Madison with a big smile. Who in the hell was Myles? And why am I feeling so jealous? "Well I should be going, getting kind of tired. I'll see you tomorrow." Why was I being like this. I walk up to my front door and walk in. "Cameron I'll be in the bathroom."
"You like her don't you?" He asks taking a step in front of me. "Man I don't know." I say looking at him. "Hey, well I'll text you tomorrow to see how your doing. I gotta go home." he hugs me and leaves. I walk up to the bathroom and think for a moment. Fuck I just need a god damn shower to help.

I stood there in the hot water as it poured down me. Thinking about Skyler and the first time we met about 3 weeks ago.
*Flash back
I was riding my Penny Board down the street. I looked up to see a girl doing the same. But heading towards me. Wait, "LOOK OUT!" I yelled trying to warn her. I didn't warn her in time, I tried my best but we still collided. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." she says looking up at me. "No, no it's totally my fault. I didn't see you in time to give you a better warning. By the way I'm Brennen, you are," I say holding my hand out to help her up. "Skyler, I'm actually new here. Got here this morning."
<over>
I got out of the shower thinking about how much fun we had. How close we've become with in such short time. We became best friends. I don't even know what to think, is this brother like protection? Or do I like her? I ask myself these questions over and over, they never change.

I woke up to my phone ringing, 'Skyler (;' flashed across my screen. I didn't know if I should answer it. Before it's too late I pick up. "Hello?" I ask her petting Kolbe who was sleeping next to me. "Hey, what are you doing?" She sounded a little worried. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah I just had a bad dream. Can you come over?" She asks. "Yeah I'll be right over." I hang up and slip my shoes on. This girl I swear, what does she want? I walk in and she's cuddled under a blanket crying on the couch. "Hey are you ok?" I ask her. She shakes her head no. Ok, ok. Brennen think. "Do you like tea?" I ask out of no where. She nods her head walking into the kitchen with her blanket. She sits at the island and puts her head down. "Brennen, I'm sorry I woke you up. I wanted to talk. The bad dream did happen. but I wanted to talk." She say squeezing her eyes shut. "About what?" I ask sitting in the chair next to her. "Were you jealous? About me saying yes to Myles? Be honest with me please." she said looking me dead in the eye. I was saved by the microwave going off.

We sat down on her couch and she asked me again, "were you or were you not jealous?" She says taking a sip of her tea. "I don't know. I don't even know what came over me. I'm sorry." she smiled, "Don't be sorry, it's ok to be jealous." She said smiling at me. "Ok." I whisper to her. "Lets get you back to bed." I say to her standing up. "Can you please stay the night?" She asked. "I guess." I picked her up wedding style since she was all wrapped up in her blanket. I carefully walked up her stairs and down the hall.

I quietly walk up to her door. "Open it," I command trying to sound like Darth Vader. You know that deep voice he has when he says "I am your father"? Ya that one. She opens the door and I walk in slowly shutting it with my foot. I'm not quite sure if I like her or not, but I do know that I want her lips on mine. I look back and forth between her lips and her eyes. Like that triangle form left eye, right eye, lips. repeat the process. I carefully laid her on the bed and climbed on top of her. "I'm gonna kiss you ok?" She slowly nodded her head. I started moving closer until 'BAM!'

I roll over realizing I was in my room. I looked around and didn't see Skyler. Was that a dream? I hope it wasn't all a dream. I quickly unlock my phone to see our messages. I sighed in relief knowing it was just last nights events that was the dream. I got up and put some clothes on. I walk to the bathroom and look at my hair. I grab the gel and play with it a bit. It looks natural enough. I post a picture on Instagram and go through my profile. 16 hours ago I posted the pictures of me and Skyler that we took with her phone. The one where she was kissing my cheek. The caption said, 'Swimming with my new bestie!! @Jonesie2018 follow her!!' (That's my real Instagram~S) I go through my photos till I find it. I set it as my back ground and locked my phone. I know I was starting to like her, what the hell is up with me?

I pace around the house thinking about my feelings. I like her. No I don't, not like that. I can't like her, we met 3 weeks ago. But she became my best friend really fast. What is going on with me? I need to just go ride and forget about this. Yeah, "Ok where the hell is my Penny Boa.... It's at Skyler's. Shit." I man up and walk over there. I open the door and walk in, "I...uhh. Forgot my Penny Board. I'll see you later." I grabbed my Penny and walk out the door.

I went down a few streets until I found the beach. I bought a locker to put my board in. I walked around the beach for awhile, I had a few fans walk up to me and ask if I was ok. It was one that caught me, she asked me. "Is it her? Is that why your upset?" I give her a questioning look, "That girl Skyler?" I nod my head, I look at the girl. "Brennen." she says smiling at me. "Your in love, deny it all you want. Say you only like her as a friend. That's just what you want to think. But you love her. True love finds its way Bren. And you found it. And I'm probably the only one of your fans that's happy for you." she smiled and hugged me. "I'm confused. What makes you think I love her? I mean I don't even know if I like her. Yeah I got a little jealous over Myles Par-"
"Stop right there, Myles has a girlfriend, but he is about to break up with her. Don't tell Skyler ok? And Don't be jealous of him. He probably just wants to be a friend." She smiled again and walked off. Friend my ass. True love my ass. We'll see about that.