Chapter 8

I kissed Myles goodbye as he left to go on tour. I was only opening act for the home show, it was depressing. I really liked preforming but they didn't have enough room for me on the tour anymore. I hugged him tightly before letting him leave to get on the bus. "I'll call you when I'm free ok?" He said smiling. I nodded smiling back, he leaned down, pecking me on the lips before he left. I backed up and watched the tour bus leave, I sighed as I walked back over to my car. The drive home would only be 20 minutes long but it still felt like a long time. I turned up the radio and focused on the road as Amnesia came on. Great. I could sing it with out crying but listening to it made me wanna curl up in a ball and cry. I quietly sang a long to hold back tears.

I walked into the house to see Brennen sitting on my couch with a bag of chips, watching T.V. "Hey." I say sitting next to him taking the chips. "Hey, how was it?" I paused for a second, "I wasn't nearly as upset as I thought I'd be." I said before shoving more chips in my mouth. "I still feel like he's my friend. Just one that I kiss and hold hands with." I say getting up and walking to the kitchen. I grab a cappuccino K-cup and put it in the kuerig. "Well maybe you should tell him that." Brennen suggested tossing me a cappuccino K-cup for himself. "He's probably calling tonight. But I don't really wanna tell him something like that on tour you know? I don't want to ruin it for him, I'll wait till he gets back." I say smiling at him as I started making the other cappuccino.

My phone started ringing and I looked to see it was Myles. "Bren, pause the Movie." I say as I answer the phone. "Hello?" I asked
"Hey, I was wondering if we could talk?" He said sounding a bit worried.
"What's up?" I ask him in the same tone. "Well I thought I liked you. Like a lot. But now that we're together I just feel like I'm kissing and holding hands with a friend." He said. I sprayed the coffee in my mouth everywhere. Bren jumped up, "Watch where you spit that shit." he said walking to the kitchen. "Skyler you there?" I heard Myles voice. "Yeah, yeah. I wanted to talk to you about that after tour. I didn't want you to be all upset over it during tour." I said laughing a bit. "Well I guess it's settled, just friends?" he said laughing back. "Yeah, hey I gotta go, Bren's over and we're watching a movie so I'll text you later." I say to him getting ready to hang up. "Wait? Were you cheating on me with him?" He asked me. "God no, he's on the other couch anyway, plus my bestie so." I said doing a stay fierce even though he couldn't see it. "Well I think you guys should be together. You'd be cute." He said before hanging up.

"Oh come on! There better a sequel! You can't just end a movie like that!" Brennen said yelling. "Bren?" I called trying to calm him down. "There is a sequel." I said clicking on it. "What the hell are you waiting for?! Click play!" he yelled holding his arms out to the screen. Oh boy. I clicked play and covered up with the blanket and grabbing the bag of chips next to me. I carefully watched, I looked over at Bren who was currently too focused to notice me staring.

I turned the T.V. off as the movie ended, are you staying the night? I asked him as I started to walk up the stairs. "I probably shouldn't because of Myles." he said walking towards the door. Shit, I knew I was forgetting something. "About that, we're just friends now." I said gesturing him to come up to bed. "Fine." he said as he ran up the stairs.

I climbed into bed getting all comfortable while I waited Brennen. He walked in and plopped on the bed next to me. I turned to face him, "Your so stupid." I say as he lifts his head off the bed. "Nah." he said rolling on his side looking at my. He propped up on his elbow and looked at me. I looked around the room to make it a funny moment but he made it serious. He came forward and lightly pushed his lips to mines. We moved in sync as he rolled me on my back and got on top of me. "We can't." I mumble between the kisses. "Sorry." he says jumping next to me. I scoot closer and cuddle into him and fall asleep. Falling asleep with a slight smile that is.

I woke up to the sound of Madison, "I wish I had my phone with me right now. But the moment is too precious to miss!" I heard her squeal. I open my eyes and lift my head. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked Madison as I tried to get up. "No, stay." I hear Bren say as he tightens his grip on me. "Awe!!" I hear Madi say quietly as she left the room with a smile. I roll back over and cuddle back into to Brennen. "UUGGHH!!" I groan into his chest, probably a little too loud. "Hey beautiful." he says with his raspy morning voice. I look up and smile at him as he smiled back, "Hey." I said as I started to get up. He pulled on my waist causing me to fall back down. "Bren!" I screeched as I landed. "Stay." he said. I tried once more but he pulled me back down. "Don't make me." Brennen said sitting up. "No, no please!" I yelled while I started laughing as he tickled me.

After tickling me for 5 minutes Brennen stops and lightly kisses me, no longer than a second. He continued to tickle me as he stole occasional kisses. "Brennen Stop!" I say almost kicking him in the face as he started to tickle my feet. "Woah watch it!" He said back while smiling. He stood up and walked over to my side of the bed, sitting next to me. "What are we gonna do today?" I asked him. "I can take you back out for ice cream?" He suggested. I nodded and stood up from bed. "Ok Mr. Out." I said pointing at the door so I could change. He stood up from the bed sighing before walking out.

I pulled on my shorts thinking about mine and Myles break up. Then a few hours later I was kissing my best friend. What the hell is up with me? I mean I guess you could say Myles really wasn't a boyfriend, mainly a friend you kiss and hold hands with. We only dated for 2 weeks. His tour started here, but they gave them a little bit before they hit the road. They only did that because they knew they'd be gone for 2, almost 3 months. I couldn't really bare that though. 3 months with out seeing your man? I'd rather go with him or be with someone else. He told me I should be with Bren, but does he really want that?" I tucked my hair behind my ear as I checked my appearance. "Ready." I whispered to myself as I walked out the door.

We pulled around to the ice cream stand, "Before we order." Brennen said trailing off. "What?" I asked him. "Do you like me? Like, like me?" He asked. I felt my face getting hot but I spoke up, my brain beating my heart. "Pfft. No. Your not really my type." my eyes widen as I realize what I said. "Well, it's a shame that I liked you Skyler. I'm sorry for all the kisses I gave you. And all the cuddles, and all the times I stayed over." He said looking down, "Good thing I didn't ask you out, I would've made a fool of myself." I looked down ashamed of what came out. "Bren, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me, I really do like you. I was just afraid you were gonna laugh in my face when I said I did." I said. Looking up at him. He brought me into a hug. "Would you be my girlfriend? Or are we too good of friends?" He asked looking at me and smiling. "I'll be your girlfriend." I say smiling back as I hug him.

We were on our way home, casually holding hands as we rode our Pennies. "I'm happy now." he says giving my hand a light squeeze. "Me too." I say smiling as I feel my face start to heat up. "It's getting late. I'll see your tomorrow." Bren says giving me a quick, sweet kiss before he walked to his front door. I walked in my house and ran up the stairs plopping on my bed.

~~~
(A/N)
*MUST READ*
I made this chapter a little short because I wanna skip to the future 😏.