Chapter 6

"Hey I have to make a new YouTube video. Wanna come over and watch?" Brennen says. "Bruh. it's Sunday."
"I know but I have to edit and stuff." he whines. "Fine, lets go." I say getting out of bed. I go down stairs and grab a banana. "What's it about?" I ask him. as we walk out of my door. "I'm reading a dirty fanfiction, I already read half of it." he said as we crossed the street. "Cool, cool." I said as he opened his door. "Alright. lezz do dis!" He said as he ran upstairs and turning on his computer. He walked over and turned on his camera, I sat on his bed and watched.

"Alright. Give this a big thumbs up. Actually a small thumbs up... Oh, guys this is my friend Skyler, he said pulling me into the shot. "Hi!" I said waving. "Guys, Skyler here plays guitar and sings, she's really good actually. Comment below... No actually share this video on Twitter and hashtag it only if you want Skyler to have a YouTube. #SkylerYoutube. If I see you used the hashtag I will follow you. Bye!" He said shutting off the camera.
"Brennen, what the hell is wrong with you?!" I yell at him. "I want you to become something big, plus then you could sing on tour if you ever come on tour with me and some other viners and youtubers people will know who you are." he said as his voice slowly trailed off. "Ok fine, I'm only doing this for you." I said as I walked out of his door.

I opened my laptop and went online to buy a couple microphones. One for specifically recording my voice and another for my guitar. I clicked buy and I had to wait for a week before they'd just ship. I closed my laptop and flipped back wards on my bed. I can't believe I was going to do this, post videos of me singing on youtube. I need to borrow Brennen's camera. I need a day different from Monday or Sunday if he records on that day. Maybe Thursday's? I sit up and think that I should at least practice.

I strummed a bit and sang to my self, "I remember the day you told me you were leaving. I remember the makeup running down your face. And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them, like every single wish we ever made. I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about the stupid little things." Just then I heard a nick on my door. It opened and I saw Myles, "Oh hey." I said smiling. "Can you play that at the show?" He asked as he had a looked at me in awe. "Yeah sure thing, I was also thinking this one," I said positioning my guitar. I started strumming the part, "She said to me, 'forget what you thought, 'cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. So just turn around and forget what you saw 'cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught.'" I stopped and looked up at him. "Amazing." he said smiling at me. I smiled and sat my guitar in the corner on its stand. "Hey, how'd you get in?" I ask him curiously. "Madison just got home and let me in. Want to go on a walk?" He said to me standing up. I nod and stand up too.

I looked up at the clouds trying not to be blinded by the sun. "So favorite color?" He asks me as we start to enter the woods. "Your so cliché, it's purple." I say laughing. He puts his hands in his pockets and looks up at the trees. "Hey cutie, can I ask you something?" He's been calling me cutie a lot. Not that I mind or anything. I look up at him as if telling him to continue, "Do you like me? At all?" He said scratching the back of his neck. I smile at him, "Yeah, I like you. Your a great guy. Your funny, smart, sweet." I say looking at him as his face starts to get red. "Thanks. I like you too." he says looking down. I wrap my arm around his arm as we continue to walk the path.

"Thanks again for taking me on a walk." I tell Myles as we stand at my door. "Your welcome." he says smiling. I stand up on my tip toes and kiss his cheek. "Bye Parrish." I say as I gently close the door. Did I really just do that? Do I actually like Myles? I went up stairs and laid on my bed. I think I should go back to Bren's and talk about this whole camera situation. I open my front door and I see a girl my age knock on his door. He opens it and smiles at her, he invites her in. Putting his hand on her lower back. I slammed my front door and walked up stairs. I grabbed my penny board off the floor and left with out warning. I wasn't really getting jealous was I? I had Myles, I didn't need Brennen. He's just a friend. I went around the block and towards the park. No they'll look here. I started heading towards the beach. I just honestly wanted to be alone.

I found a bunch of rocks and went and sat on them, right now it was high tide so I was ok up here. My phone rang 4 different times while I've been here. 2 from Madison, one from Bren and one from Myles. Ok make that 2 from Bren since he's calling again. I ignored it and put it back in my pocket. I heard someone crawling up the rocks and I found Myles, "Thank god someone found you." he said sitting next to me. He took a heavy breath then looked at me, "We were all worried about you. Madison thought she did something wrong." he said grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. "I just wanted to be alone. It's no ones fault but mine." I said lying to him. If I were to tell anyone the truth it would be Madison. Myles nor Brennen need to know that I was a little bit jealous of the girl that came to see Bren.

I walked back into the house as Madison hugged me, "I thought I did something wrong." she said squeezing me. I hugged her back and let her know everything was ok. "Hey, I know your back and all but can you come to the store with me?" Brennen asks me. I nods my head as I let go of Madison. "Just let me change real quick." he smiled and nodded. I walked into my room and took my hair down. I left the bandana in and I brushed out my hair. I walked to my closet and grabbed a pair of jeans. I never thought I'd wear them here unless it was cold. But I guess it does get colder in the winter season . I put my vans back on and walked down stairs. "I'm ready." I told Bren as we walked out the door.

I had my head up against the window as he drove to Walmart. "I'm sorry I left, I didn't want Madison to think it was her fault." he looked over a tad confused. "What happened?" He asked as he focused back on the road. "I was mad." I said shifting in my seat. "Why?" He asked making a worried face. "I guess I shouldn't lie. I was getting ready to come over to talk to you about maybe using your camera for videos. I opened my front door and saw a girl our age knock on your door. And you put your hand on her lower back." I said as I looked back out of the window. "You aren't gonna tell me you were jealous?" I looked at him, "I don't know what I was. It just pissed me off." I say looking at the road. "Skyler... That was my sister." My eyes widen. I forgot, he told me about her the day we were at the park. That first day we met after we got ice cream. "Shit." I mumble to myself and Bren laughs.

"Ok so I need to get some canned food. Were going to do the canned food challenge for fun tonight. My sister and I, wanna join?" He asked looking at me as we walked through the store. His phone started ringing and he picked it up, I listened quietly. "Hello?.......Yeah?......Ok, thanks for at least telling me..... Yeah. Love you... bye." he hung up, "I guess it's just me and you" he said smiling. I smiled back. Just then we hear a gun go off. Some guy comes onto the intercom. "Hello Walmart shoppers. Get to the front desks immediately! Everyone leave all of your things and go sit by a register. If you are not next to a register or by one in 5 minutes my men will come looking for you. They will not hesitate to kill, you can not run. I have at least 15 men walking through the store. So I suggest you do as I say so no one gets killed." It went silent. I grabbed onto Bren and started crying as we headed towards the registers. A man came around and collected all of our phones. He wore a mask, he told us by the time this was all over we could all get our phones back, that'd they'd be in the basket somewhere in the store so no one could call until they got out and away from there. I grabbed Brennens hand and cried. He whispered sweet nothings in my ear while he tried to get me to stop crying.

I can't believe this is really happening. I stopped crying and I looked up at him. "Bren we could die." I say looking at him in fear. He puts his hand on my cheek and caresses it. I lean into his hand and smile a little. He puts his other hand on the other side of my face and does the same. Tears start to build up in his eyes, he starts to lean down a little bit. We both inch forward towards each other. As we become a few centimeters apart I feel a shake on my shoulder and Bren's voice in the back ground. But he was right in front of e about to kiss me. "Skyler wake up!" I jump up realizing it was a dream. I look around, I must've fallen asleep on the beach. "Come on I'll carry you to the car." I hear Bren say. I slowly stand up and he picks me up wedding style. "You've been gone 5 hours, we were worried sick about you." he says looking down at me. "I'm sorry." I say as I cuddle into him. "It's ok. Just don't do it again unless someone knows."
"Who was the girl at your house?" I asked. I passed out again before I could hear the answer.