Chapter 3

...I wonder if it was the same person that had auditioned for x factor. I couldn't be, could it?

I turned around and looked behind me I looked around the crowd of people until I noticed my ex, Calum. I quickly turned around hoping he didn't notice me. Well turns out he did he came up to talk to me. I said to Kerrie I was going to get some fresh air. I just walked away I had to leave I just couldn't face talking to him; I didn't want to talk to him. I walked down the hall towards the front door. I didn't want to start an argument with him it would only makes things between us worse but I wasn't sure I would be able to stop an argument happening this time. He had followed me outside. As soon as he closed the door I quickly turned round,

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT ME TO TALK TO YOU AFTER WHAT YOU DONE TO ME?" I snapped.

"HEY IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT EVERYONE FOUND OUT YOUR BIGGEST SECRET, I ONLY TOLD LIKE 5 PEOPLE" he fired back.

"WELL YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TOLD ANYONE, IT WAS A SECRET FOR A REASON, YOU WERENT SUPPOSED TO TELL ANYONE, ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN ITS SOMETHING LIKE THAT!"

"WELL IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT YOU HAVE A FUCKED UP SECRET" he yelled right in my face.

"Why would you say that, you know what I've been through" I said sounding hurt by his harsh words.

"IT'S TRUE AND YOU KNOW IT. YOU CANT SAY ITS NOT FUCKED UP" he said acting like he had no emotions.

"CALUM YOU KNOW WHAT, JUST LEAVE IF YOUR GOING TO BE AN ASSHOLE" I added while raising my voice.

"I DON'T KNOW WHY I EVEN BOTHER WITH YOU NIAMH" Calum said before he stormed back inside.

I went and sat on a nearby wall and put my head in my hands. I knew it was a bad idea to come to this party. It was freezing outside but I didn't care I just didn't want to go back inside. I didn't want Kerrie or Dani to come outside and see me like this as they thought I was over him. I was over him but there was still a part of me that wanted to be with him but I just had to ignore it and do what was best for me. He was no good for me he treated me like sh*t most of the time. I had to stop thinking about him and move on completely.

I lifted my head up as I was about to go find my friends to tell them I was just going to go home. When I looked up I saw a guy standing there he was looking down at me as if to say are you okay,

"Hi I'm James, are you okay I saw you were arguing with that guy?"

He must have been the one that was standing outside the house talking to some guy who just got here.

"Yeah I'm fine I guess just my ex being a d*ck, as usual" I said looking down at the ground.

James sat down on the wall next to me.

"He sounds like an idiot" James said trying to make me feel better.

"He is" I agreed

There was a moment of silence, but it wasn't awkward.

"I saw your audition last night" I mentioned.

"Oh really, so was I good." He said jokingly.

"Yeah you were amazing" I answered seriously.

"Yeah I have just finished at the judges houses, but don't tell anyone we got through it won't be on TV for a few weeks"

"We?"

"Yeah I was put into a band at bootcamp, do you know tom the guy I'm here with?"

"My friend was talking to him earlier but I've never met him"

"Well he is in the band too, there are 8 of us" James explained.

"8, wow that's a big band, but I'm sure you guys are amazing." I said truthfully.

I was usually very awkward in social situations but for some reason I was actually able to hold a conversation it was a rare thing so I was just going to go with it.

"I hope me and the boys go far, I wasn't sure about being in a band at first but one of the boys mums convinced me to join the band, I'm glad I did it was probably the best decision ever"

"I'm sure you will go far you're an amazing singer, well that's if the rest of the band can sing" I laughed.

Just at that moment Kerrie walked out of the house,

"Hey Kerrie" I called over.

"Oh hi I was wandering where you went you were away for ages?"

"I bumped into Calum and we kind of got into an argument but its fine"

"Awe okay he's an assh*le and who's this" Kerrie said.

"Oh this is James, James this is Kerrie my friend."

They both said hi to each other at the same time.

"Where's Dani?" I asked Kerrie.

"She still inside talking to tom I think."

"Oh yeah James knows tom."

"Really?" Kerrie said turning to James.

"Yeah I met him at bootcamp." James said. I assume he wasn't going to mention they were put in a band together as they probably weren't supposed to tell anyone really.

"Oh you're the guy that's audition was on last night, Niamh wouldn't stop texting me about it."

"Thanks for that Kerrie" I said very sarcastically.

"Well I'm going to go get another drink and find someone else to talk to because I feel like the third wheel" Kerrie announced before walking off.

"Sorry about that" I half-jokingly apologised.

"She was sort of third wheeling though" James laughed.

"Oh really? That's how it is then"?"

"Not going to lie your kind of cute"

"You're not too bad yourself James, okay I'll admit I quite like you, and you seem nice."

"Nice?" James joked.

"Yes nice"

Dani walked out the door next to tom I think they exchanged numbers and said their goodbyes. Kerrie came out of the house a few minutes later; she was actually quite drunk and was barely able to walk in her heels so she took them off.

"I think my friends are going to leave so I'm going to go with them" I told James.

"Do you have to go?"

"Yeah I do I have to do a little college work."

"Oh someone's a little book lover."

"Not funny"

"Well can I at least get your number then" he questioned.

"I'm not sure would you want to talk to a 'book lover'?" I teased

"Well I do actually"

"Fine you can have my number then"

We swapped phones and put our number into each other's phones.

"Thanks hopefully I'll see you again sometime." He said.

"Yeah that would be great" I told him before I got Dani to phone the taxi as she wasn't as drunk as Kerrie.

When the taxi arrived I said to James," it was great meeting you I'll see you around?"

"Definitely"

After that I got into the taxi with Dani and Kerrie. My phone lit up, I looked down to see a text from 'Mr. Graham' *hi its James just wanted to make sure you didn't give me a fake number x*

*why would I give you a fake number ahah x* I text back

After I sent the text I sat my phone down on my lap and looked out the window and too be honest I was smiling like crazy.