Chapter 4

"Why are you smiling so much?" Dani asked snapping me out of my daydream.

"Oh it's nothing" I sort of lied.

"You sure?" Dani clearly didn't believe it was nothing.

"Yeah I'm sure. It's nothing" I was actually thinking about James. I know I had only just met him but he was the one that was there to cheer me up after Calum and I had a fight.

"I don't believe you. Does it have something to do with James?" she joked.

"No" my cheeks ended up going bright red giving away that it was about James.

"I knew it." She chuckled.

"It's not funny" I said sounding slightly annoyed even though I knew she was just kidding.

Dani turned round to Kerrie and told her that I 'had a crush' on James. Kerrie seemed unsurprised. Was it really that noticeable that I liked him a little? He probably won't like me back he would only like me as a friend at most. Why would he like me? I am just a girl who likes college and reading I must be pretty boring. I am not the most fun person to be around, why would he like me.

*********

The taxi pulled up outside of the house. I got out and gave the girls my share of money for the taxi so Kerrie could pay as she was getting dropped off last. I said my goodbyes and made my way to the front door. I unlocked the door and went inside. I kicked off my heels and went to the kitchen I got a drink and some food. I went upstairs with my food to start work on my essay, it wasn't due for a few days but I wanted to do it while I remembered as I was quite forgetful sometimes. It was around 1:30am when I decided to call it a night and put the college work aside. I went and had a shower then dried my hair so I wasn't going to bed with soaking hair. When I came back from the bathroom I picked up my phone and noticed I had a few texts, they were from Dani. She was talking about Tom and how he was so sweet, and very sarcastic. She told me she might be meeting up with him again in a few days. After she finished blabbering about Tom she said goodnight and I said the same back. I put my phone down and watched an episode of American Horror Story before falling asleep.

*********

I woke up with 'Stockholm Syndrome' blasting through my room. Dani was calling me.

I picked up my phone "hi, you just woke me up"

"Yeah well maybe if you would get out of bed before 1pm you wouldn't have that problem" she laughed.

"Is it actually 1pm?"

"Yeah and you were supposed to be coming over at 12 to help me choose something to wear for tomorrow" she was going out with tom tomorrow and she wanted to look good.

"Well I'll be over in like 45 minutes, sorry I slept in I was tired" I laughed.

"Okay" she replied before hanging up.

I quickly got out of bed and choose some clothes to where I just put on some black jeans and an oversized hoodie as I wasn't going out anywhere apart from Dani's.

After I got dressed I brushed my teeth and made my hair look presentable. I just put my hair in a high ponytail and it was quite frizzy and it would take a lot of time to do properly.

I went downstairs and grabbed something to eat then put on my vans, grabbed my car and house keys and left for Dani's house.

About 20 minutes later I reached Dani's house. I opened the door (as we were so close she didn't really mind) I could just see loads of piles of clothes they were all sorted out into different outfits.

"Dani what happened in here?" I called out still looking around the room.

"I was looking for an outfit to wear, it's important that I look good tomorrow."

"Okay then, well I guess I'll help" I said while taking my shoes off and sitting down on the floor to look through the clothes.

"Where are you going tomorrow? That would help you choose what to wear"

"I think we are going out for lunch or something. I'm not really sure"

"What about skinny jeans and a nice top, it's casual but not too casual?"

"Yeah what about this top?" she was holding up a maroon/burgundy top.

"Yeah it would look good"

"Should I wear my Chelsea boots or..?"

"Oh yeah you should they would go so well" I was excited for her.

"Great that's my outfit sorted then"

"Netflix?" I questioned.

"Netflix!" Dani agreed. We both laughed.

"Shall I order a pizza" I asked while walking over to the couch.

"Yeah, I want a peperoni one"

"I'm not that hungry so will we just get one"

"Yeah that's fine" she said agreeing.

I phoned Dominoes and ordered the pizza. We looked to see what film we could watch. We finally decided to watch 'Grown Ups'.

"I'm just going to go use the bathroom." I told Dani before walking down the hall.

When I came back I picked up my phone just as I did Dani said "Oh by the way James text asking if you wanted to go out with him tomorrow as tom asked him if you two wanted to go with us, I said you wanted to go because I know you would have chickened out and I know how much you like him."

"I don't like him." I denied.

"You do so" Dani teased.

"Don't" she could clearly tell I was lying but I wasn't going to admit it.

"Yeah okay then" she commented sarcastically.

"I don't like him, now can we just watch the movie" I tried to change the subject.

"Okay fine, I love this movie." She told me for like the tenth time.

We watched the movie but the whole time I was just nervous about going out with James.