Tell Me A Story

Bella Cullen looked around the room as she prepared to tell her story. She looked up at Edward, he smiled at her reassuringly in response, squeezing her hand tightly. 

"Well, everything goes back to 1864, just like you guys," She started, looking between Stefan and Damon.

"Katherine changed me about ten days before our birthday, Stefan. She changed me and then told me to leave, she said that she had told you what I had become, and you hated me for it. Stefan, you must not have been changed long after me because you were still human when I left. I was there when our father shot you both, when Katherine was taken. She was relentless, I knew that she was, so I stayed around when she told me to leave. I knew that something would happen to the two of you, and it did. I saw the two of you lying there on the ground, I rushed to help, to feed you my blood, but it was too late. I had no idea that she had been feeding you her blood, hence the reason why I thought you were dead and the reason I haven't been back here since I left. Since I left here in 1864, I've travelled all over, Europe, Asia, Africa. Eventually, I made my way back to America where I travelled all over South America, where I first met Jasper," Bella said, pointing towards her blonde brother in law, "It took me years but I eventually found my way to Washington, more specifically to this ridiculously tiny town Forks. I decided to go back to high school, where I met the Cullen's. When I first saw them, I knew they weren't human, but then again neither was I, so who was I to judge? Even though we were different species of vampire, I fell in love with Edward and we got married a year and a half later. Then we had a run-in with the Volturi..." Bella continued, only to be interrupted.

"I'm sorry, the what?" Damon asked, confused.

"The Volturi? They consider themselves the leaders of vampires, and they fight to maintain order in the vampire world. We went head to head with them after they found out about Renesmee. As she is half human and half vampire, they had issues and we were on the verge of a full-blown war with them. After all of the worry, Alice was able to convince them with a vision that Renesmee would be able to live amongst humans and vampires peacefully. After they left, we continued to live in Forks for as long as possible, but soon enough questions began to arise and here we are." 

"But I'm still confused. And bearing in mind it brings me great discomfort to ask this question, sister, but how is it possible that Renesmee is alive?" Damon asked, grimacing.

"Carlisle thinks it's because Edward and I aren't the same kind of vampire, but if it isn't that reason then I have no idea. Carlisle got the idea from a vampire he met half a century ago, what was his name, Mikaelson?" Bella asked, looking at Carlisle to get confirmation, he nodded. 

"You've met Klaus?" Caroline asked, raising her eyebrows in surprise.

"Well, Carlisle has, by the sound of it you have too?" Bella asked, tilting her head to the side questioningly.

"We have had multiple run-ins with Klaus, none of them pleasant, but that is a long story for another time." Stefan told them quickly, apparently not wanting to rehash what had conspired between the Salvatores and the Mikeelsons.

Bella nodded, knowing that whatever had happened between them wouldn't have a happy ending.

"Now, your turn." Bella requested, looking between Damon and Stefan.

"We were changed six days before my birthday, by Katherine. I think that she planned on changing us, but I'm sure she never planned on our father spiking my drink with vervain, so when she took my blood she was weakened. After that, we believed that she was put into Fell's church to be burned with the other vampires, and we believed that, but Emily Bennett sealed her into a tomb with a spell, where we believed she was. I came back to Mystic Falls every fifteen years or so to visit my home town, and Damon followed making sure that my life was a misery." Stefan said somberly.