Chapter Three: An Incredible Dossier

When Mal returns home she goes straight into her office. She waves at her humans and nods at any staff that passes her but she is rushing to get to Evie.

Evie, her second in command and if anything were ever to happen to Mal, Evie would take over to her line and continue to care for her people even though Mal never made the choice to share her power with Evie. Evie has her own and is only a hundred years under than her.

Evie is a black blue haired vampire with the palest gleaming skin Mal has ever seen for a vampire. Evie had been so close to death when she was changed over, she had been beaten by her husband by the time Mal had found her. They were friends in the late 1800s and Mal had been feeding Evie her blood every day to heal from her wounds her husband had been inflicting in her.

Evie had been bleeding so badly that all Mal could do was hold her in her arms as she died, then opened up the artery in her neck and force Evie to drink her blood so she could be reborn as a vampire, and Evie had been hers ever since.

They were best friends and partners if anyone were to try to hurt, steal, or kill Evie they would be publicly beaten, abused, and shamed by Mal and left to live as an example of what would happen to those who dared to mess with someone close to her.

"Evie," Mal says in greeting as she opens the door the huge double doors to their office. Evie doesn't look up from her computer as she types away. Evie last project was working on her newest human's applications to college and working out the vampire feeding schedule to work with their future studies.

"Hi Mal, you were out late." Evie says warmly, her full pink lips starting up into smirk "find someone good enough to shag and drink, my dear?" Evie wasn't English but she and Mal had moved around all over the world Evie picked up mostly on English slang. Mal blames a hit man Evie was quite fond of named Bones for it.

"Actually, I need you to find a young woman for me."

Evie finally looks away from the computer her eyes glowing green as felt an intense emotion. Surprise maybe?

"Someone got away from you?" Evie questions and blood rises to her cheeks, adding some color there. Vampires can will the blood in their bodies anywhere they choose, Evie uses her abilities to blend in with human society. She was the most "modern" vampire in the house, Mal raises her eyebrows at her blush.

"Only because I let her, I ran into a demon kin witch tonight." Mal says "I drank her, and realized it, her name is Uma. Think you can find her information for me?"

"No last name?"

"Didn't get that far," Actually, Mal had just been totally distracted by Uma and her lineage to wonder about a last night.

Mal's thoughts were consumed by her. From the blueness of her hair, to the saltiness of her skin, to how sweet her blood was. She was like raspberries covered in chocolate, sharp but sweet.

Mal licked her lips, Evie tracked the movement.

Evie knew not to push Mal into giving her information she wasn't willing to give, and Mal also knew there was never a point into lying to Evie because they had been together for almost more than three hundred years.

"Uma also has grave magic in her blood, but i don't believe she practices. Look for those users when looking into her bloodline whenever you're finished with your current project."

"I'll get right on it." Evie says she looks Mal up down and Mal is sure of how she looks.

Her face will be flushed and pink from being freshly fed, even though her body temperature will remain the same, being a fire starter meant Mal's body temperature was warmer than the average human. Mal found herself biting her bottom lip and bouncing on the balls of her feet, her small and slight reaction to the drug effect in Uma's blood. She felt a little less than buzzed but not completely sober.