Chapter 4 : Distance

It's been 2 months since I burned my suit, since my mother died in my arms, since Miles lost his mom and ripped his suit. It's been 2 months since Miles and I swung across the city....since Miles and I last talked.

I've been held up at college trying to focus my work to avoid the pain. As I sit here working on my school work in this library I start to tear up thinking about the past two months.

~2 months ago, after the incident~

A day after burning my suit I go to check on Miles. "Ganke open up" I knock on his door. He opens it "Where is Miles ?" I ask as he lets me in. He points to the living room. "M-miles ?" I ask seeing him on the couch. He doesn't turn around, I walk over to him.

"Miles...I know how your feeling" I sigh, I place a hand on his shoulder. "How ? You don't know Y/n !" he shouts at me turning around. "How can you possibly now ?" he cries. I tried holding back the tears but  I break down. He stares at me weirdly. "Miles.." I start. "My mom is dead" I tell him.

He holds me and rubs my back. "Im sorry" he whispers. "I didn't get to say goodbye" I cry harder.

"I'm done" I tell him. He lets me go "What ?" he asks. "I'm not fit to be a hero Miles. Don't you see ?" I ask standing up. "I was dumb to continue to try. I knew from the beginning I couldn't do it" I tell him. "I tried to keep up with you" I admit.

"Y/n..." he starts. "You can't give up" he says. "Why ? You can but I cant ?" I ask narrowing my eyes at him. He sighs speechless. "Besides, my suit is gone" I mumble. "I burned it" I add.

He looks at me surprised. "I should go" I tell him. He nods "I'll uh call you" he tells me. We don't even hug goodbye, he looks at me and I can see how broken he is. I want to stay but I need to get away from here. Everything reminds me of my mom.

We share one more look before I leave.

~~~

He never called, I didn't wait. I cut my phone off not wanting to hear from anyone.

I walk into my dorm. I see some of my graffiti, I remember when I spray painted with my mom. I get angry and I rip it up. I break down pushing everything in my room on the floor out of anger. Then I see a picture of me and my mom on the ground, the glass is broken. I pick the picture out of the frame.

I fall to my knee's crying with the picture in my hands.

~Current Time~

Suddenly I hear a knock at my door. I walk to open it. Dakota. "Y/n" she sighs. I let her in. "New York needs you" she starts as I close my door. "No Dakota" I tell her. "Ganke is speaking with Miles now, he sent me here to speak with you" she tells me.

"I'm not putting back on another suit Dakota, you've been trying for the last month" I say. "Y/n, Miles needs you" she tells me. I look up confused. "Miles and I haven't spoken since I left" I shake my head.

I can tell she didn't know because her face became surprised. "It's only been 2 months Dakota !" I shout angrily. "2 month since my mother died in my arms. Can I grieve ?!" I say. She nods slowly.

"M-my mom is still missing" she cries. I look up at her with angry brows "And my mom is dead !" I scoff opening my door. She looks at me angry and hurt "Your just gonna give up ?" she asks. I look down and stay silent.

She scoffs "Once you were the strongest person I knew." she starts. "Now, I can't even look at you" she says then storms out the door. I slam the door on the verge of crying.

I look at my web shooters in the closet, then I close the closet door.

I pull out my phone starting to call Miles. It rings twice then I hang up. I let my head fall on the desk and I start to cry. Then a thought crosses my head.

"What the hell happened to The Tinkerer and Kingpin ?"

~To Be Continued~