Chapter 5 : Purpose

2 more months have passed. It's the end of the semester which means I can go  home for a bit. I get my things together and leave out the door.

~~~

I arrive at my apartment. I sit down on my couch staring at the black screen on the television. I sit there then I decide to get up and take a walk, to clear my head.

As I walk down the street I see the city as gone to shit. Posters plastered on the walls Where is spider-man and Amethyst-spider when you need them ? One of the poster read that caught my eye. I stare at the poster shaking my head.

I continue walking down the street. I see a familiar jacket. Miles' jacket. My heart rate speeds up. I stop in my steps, I can tell he feels that I'm staring into the back of his head waiting on him to turn around. He slowly turns around and his eyes meet mine.

I swallow nervously. We approach each other. "heh, did you uh see the posters ?" he asks interrupting the silence. I laugh lightly with teary eyes. "yeah".

He flashes a smile and pulls me into his arms. "I'm so sorry for not contacting you y/n" he says hugging me. I nod in his arms. "How are you ?" I ask as we lean away. "I'm getting better, you ?" he asks. I look down then back up to him "Uh, same" I lie trying to convince myself.

"Ganke, Dakota, and I are having a dinner tonight. Uh do you wanna come ?" he asks. I nod "What time ?" I ask. "Hmm probably around 5 or 6" he shrugs. "See you then" I wave "oh and Dakota's been working on your suit" he smiles I smile and he walks away.

I glance back and then I continue walking down the street.

~~~

I arrive at Miles' apartment and knock on the door. Ganke opens the door surprised. "I didn't think you'd show.." he smiles. "Why ?" I laugh. "Because you and Miles are on the outs...right ?" he asks. I shrug "It's been 4 months" I say as he lets me in. I hear an unfamiliar voice in the dining room.

I walk in and see a girl with short black hair sitting next to Miles. I narrow my eyes walking in. "hey y/n" Dakota smiles. I'm surprise she's even speaking to me. "Hey" I smile. My attention goes back to the girl who's now resting her head on Miles' shoulder.

"Who is this ?" she asks pointing at me. I walk over "y/n and you are ?" I ask holding out my hand being polite. "Kate" she fake smiles then looks at my hand in disgust. "Anywaysss....let's start dinner" Ganke interrupts.

We all sit down at the table. "So, how has the pass 4 months been for you ?" I ask Miles. He smiles lightly. "Uhh, a struggle but I'm coping" he responds. I look at Dakota "Is Liv found ?" I ask her. She shakes her head with a slight frown "but, where ever she is I'm sure she's fine" she says.

"How about you ?" Miles returns the question. "Fine" I lie again. I don't want them to worry about me, they seem happy. He smiles. We continue dinner, I watch them laugh and joke. Occasionally I force a smile or laugh because my thoughts were elsewhere. Obviously, they weren't thinking about the tinkerer or king pin but I was.

It hasn't left my mind. Neither has the image of my mother's blood on my hands.

"So what's the relationship between you two ?" Kate asks pointing at us.

"Ex" "We're together" we speak at the same time. Dakota and Ganke look down awkwardly as I eye Miles. "I'm confused." she laughs hitting Miles chest lightly. "Well, it's been 4 months since we last talked" he tells her without looking at me.

"Right. Although it wasn't my fault" I say then angrily down the rest of my wine. "No calls were returned, no texts, not even a visit" I say slightly irritable.

He finally looks at me along with everyone else. "I guess he didn't return them because he was SIMPLY moving on" I say standing up. "Y/n, it's been 4 months." he sighs. "What did you expect ? For me to wait around" he asks standing up. I laugh slightly "I expected you to call me back. Fuck or even text me" I shout throwing my hands up angrily. 

"Something Miles. We've been together since we we're 15" I sigh on the verge of crying. I've held in these tears for so long. I have to be strong.

"Y/n" Dakota tries to stop me as I approach him. He stands there speechless. "I really hope it was worth it Miles" I say in his face. I start to walk away but he grabs my wrist "y/n...wait" he sighs. I snatch away and leave.

~~~

I walk into my apartment with my face soaked. I rush into my room and fall onto my bed. I hear my front door open. I sigh already knowing it's Dakota since she has a spare key.

She walks into my room. "Y/n" she sits down on my bed. I look up at her, she gets sad from my eyes. "your eyes are red" she sighs holding me. "Miles didn't mean to hurt you" she tells me. "How long has this been going on ?" I ask her.

"It's only been two days Y/n" she responds giving me relief. "They're just talking right now" she adds. "I held on for so long" I sigh. "He was my first everything" I cry leaning against her.

"I know" she says. "I feel worthless" I sigh. "I lied, I've been holding in everything Dakota. I'm not fine, I haven't been getting better." I tell her. "Your not worthless, everyone has a purpose Y/n" she responds smiling. I feel rage surge through me, all the rage I've been keeping in.

I sit up nodding. "Everyone is born with a purpose, yea" I start. She smiles. "Each person is cursed with the same purpose Dakota. Our purpose is to live then die" I tell her making her smile fade.

"It doesn't matter what we do. It's inevitable" I tell her. "Miles told me you've been working on my suit" I ask. She nods "your gonna put it back on ?" she smiles again running out the room then coming back in with a box. She sits it down on the bed and opens it. It's perfect.

"I'm only putting it on for one reason" I tell her looking at the box. "To help fulfill a purpose" I nod. She raises her eyebrows. "To help fulfill The Tinkerer's purpose early" I say grabbing my suit out the box. "Wait y/n, what are you talking about ?" she grabs my wrist.

"I'm going to avenge my mother's death Dakota" I let out an excited breath. She furrows her eyebrows with wide eyes. "And I'm going to save Liv" I add.

I walk out the room and put on my suit.

~Third Person~

Dakota stands there confused and shocked about y/n's words. She picks up her phone and makes a three way call to Miles and Ganke. "Guys, I think we have a problem" she tells them. She hears the front door open and she runs out the room. "What's going on ?" Miles asks.

"Y/n, she's going to kill our father" she tells them as she stands in the living room looking at the open door. "She's gone" she finishes.

~To Be Continued~