Chapter 8 : Meetings

"Do you think he'll even show ?" Kingpin asks me as we sit in public square. "he has to" I point to Rick. "Stop this.. let me go" he says to me. I walk away from Kingpin and stand in front of him.

"Your better than this y/n" he speaks lowly so Kingpin doesn't hear my name. I look at him blankly. "Your Amethyst-Spider. A good person" he adds. "He killed my mother" I tell him. "I know...I know he killed our mother" he says. I eye him "She isn't your mother" I say confused.

"She was...before she left us" he tells me. "No..she would've told me if I had a brother" I shake my head. "Did she even tell you about your dad or did you have to find out on your own ?" he asks. "This doesn't change anything. I'm still killing him" I tell him.

"You don't have to" he stops me from walking away. "I can tell your filled with rage. It doesn't have to be that way." he adds. Suddenly a gush of wind hits my back. I turn around to Spider-man...Miles. He put his suit back on.

"Let him go" he orders. I shake my head "No, not until the tinkerer gets here" I cross my arms. I look around for Kingpin but he's ties up. "I can't believe your working with him" he scoffs. I start to walk away but he wraps me in a web. "Get Rick out of here" he tells someone.

I turn around and see Ganke and Dakota.

Miles swings me to the building top after the cops come and arrest Kingpin. "What are you doing ?" I ask him as he walks away. He takes off his mask. "The Tinkerer will be looking for you down there. Not up here" he says turning around to look at me.

I see the stress in his eyes. The door to the rooftop opens and Miles pulls his mask down. "Well, is it nice to see my favorite duo again" I hear his voice. I feel the anger rising up. "We don't want a fight" Miles tells him. "You don't want to but she does" he says.

I use my venom strike to get loose. I turn invisible and make my way to him. As I turn visible and raise my hand to strike him Miles shoots his web around my ankles pulling me. I shoot webs at his face as he pulls me to him.

I get loose and kick Miles back. He swings and air kicks me, I fall back onto the ground "I don't want to hurt you" he tells me. I laugh "Then stop trying to stop me" I shout. He shakes his head "I can't do that" he responds. He shoots a web passed me stopping the tinkerer from leaving.

I turn invisible and run towards Miles. I shoot a web on his chest and slide through his legs make him fall. "Miles stop" I shoot a lot of webs tying him to the ground.

I walk to the tinkerer who is tied to the wall. I punch him making his lip bleed and tear off my mask. "I want you to see me before you die" I tell him pulling him off the wall. "Y/n !" Dakota shouts coming to the rooftop.

I sigh as she stands feet away from me "You don't want to do this" she shouts. "Everyone keeps telling me that, but I do" I say walking The Tinkerer to the edge of the roof. "Stop !" Miles shouts getting up.

He start to walk and I loosen my grip on him. "Don't walk further" I tell him. "Y/n, you are so much better than this I promise you." he tells me. "You don't understand..the person who got your mom killed is dead. He isn't still breathing Miles." I shout shedding a tear.

~Miles POV~

I see how hurt she is. "I do get it Y/n, trust me. Your filled with rage right now but I hope I can get through to you" I say inching forward. She shakes her head "Please just don't kill him" Dakota shouts. She looks at her "why do you care ? He probably killed Liv" she says with a menacing look.

"She's alive" The Tinkerer mumbles. Y/n looks at him "Your lying" she says. "I p-promise, she's alive" he says. I look at Dakota who is now standing beside me.

"See, Liv is alive y/n." I tell her. She sighs and calms down, Liv is like a mother figure to her hopefully she'll die down a bit. "Take me to her" she says pulling him away from the ledge.

~To Be Continued~