7. Our Last Time

Few days later...

@ 4:30 p.m.

August was sitting in his car out front of Diamond house, he had texted her to come out front so they could talk. He had got her number out of Autumn phone without her knowing, he didn't want her getting suspicious about anything.

He waited for Diamond to come out, the door opened and her small frame slid inside the car. August looked at Diamond, he stared at her intensely the look he was giving her would make anyone get uncomfortable.

"What do you want August?" She folded her arms, "Yo Diamond... I only came by to talk." He said as his stare got more uncomfortable by the second, "Well.... Talk." Diamond said, she sat back in the car seat and got comfortable.

"Your brother isn't dead." August sat back in his seat and ran his hands down his face, he looked back at Diamond, "So it's real? He's alive.... Where's my brother?!" Diamond said, she touched August hand, "Please... please tell me." She begged, you could see it in her eyes. "I can't... I don't know where he's at but I'm about to leave." August said as he started up his car.

"For how long this time?" She said, "For good this time." He said and looked ahead, "What about Autumn?" Diamond said, "She's the reason why I'm leaving." He said, "What?" Diamond said, the look on her face read confusion. "I can feel myself falling her more and more everyday, I don't want to fuck anything up. Damir wants to come home and be with his family, I can't do him like that.... So, I'm leaving." August said, "I won't say anything to her but you have to tell her." Diamond said before getting out the car, August groaned and hit the steering wheel.

Three hours later...

@ 7:30 p.m.

Autumn was bored out of her mind, Rylie go out more than her mother. Rylie is always over someone house, Autumn thought she should have another baby so that way Rylie could have someone to play with. Autumn was in the kitchen making herself something to eat.

"Wassup." August said and scared Autumn to death, "August what the fuck!! You scared the shit out of me." Autumn said, holding onto her chest. "My bad." August chuckled, "Whatever, what are you doing here?" Autumn said, she ate a piece of her sandwich she just made. "I want to go out, drinks on me." August said.

"Aug, I don't feel like partying tonight but I do want to drink. Can we just go get a bottle or something?" Autumn said, taking another piece of her sandwich and stuffing it in her mouth. "No, we're just gonna go to a lounge. Go get dress." August said, "Okay daddy." Autumn said and groaned before taking another bite out of her sandwich before going upstairs to get ready.

@ 9:09 p.m.

"I'm ready! Let's go now Aug." Autumn said, "Finally, you always take forever." August said, "Shut up crybaby." Autumn said smiling grabbing her jacket and keys, "Wait a minute, I gotta go grab my phone." Autumn said and ran up to her room, August groaned. "AUTUMN WE CAN JUST STAY HERE IF YOU WANT!" August yelled out to Autumn, she ran back down the stairs, "Chill out grumpy! You driving since you acting like a ass." Autumn said, she pointed her finger at him.

@ 2:54 a.m.

"I been drankin', I been drankinnnnn'. Isn't that right Auggie? We been drankin'?" Autumn said as she danced closed to August. She had her hands cupping his cheeks as she looked into his eyes while he had his hands around her waist. "Don't be scared babey.... You can slide your hands down to my butt." Autumn said as she giggled.

August smirked, he licked his lips and slid his hands into Autumn butt, "How about now? You like this now?" August asked her, "Yes." Autumn laughed. She wrapped her arms around August neck and looked in his eyes, "Can we leave Aug? I'm tired of standing and dancing." Autumn whine, "C'mon crybaby." August chuckled.

They left the club hand in hand, as they walked apart to get into the car, things began turning left and gun shots began going off out of nowhere, you heard screams and seen people running different directions. August and Autumn had fell together, he couldn't get to her because he was on the driver side and she was standing on the passenger side, when the noise died down he looked up to make sure everything was good. Then he stood up and began calling out to her.

"Autumn, c'mon we need to get the fuck out of here." He said to her, but he didn't get a response from her, "Autumn! C'mon before these fuck niggas come back." He said as he went to her side and lifted her up, he seen her eyes close with blood coming out of her mouth. "Shit!" He said picking her up and putting her in the backseat.

August rushed to the hospital, passing stop signs and running a couple red lights. He looked in the rear view mirror from time to time to see her condition getting worse. He finally got to the hospital and hopped out the driver seat so he could get her.

August had Autumn in his arms as he ran into the hospital yelling for help, they came to him immediately taking Autumn away from him so she could go straight into surgery. He couldn't help but to blame himself for letting this happen. Remembering what she had said to him before she got ready.

"Aug, I don't feel like partying tonight but I do want to drink. Can we just go get a bottle or something?" Autumn said, taking another piece of her sandwich and stuffing it in her mouth. "No, we're just gonna go to a lounge. Go get dress." August said, "Okay daddy." Autumn said and groaned before taking another bite out of her sandwich before going upstairs to get ready.

"Shit!" August yelled to hisself, not trying to get frustrated he tried to keep calm. He rubbed his hand down his face and pulled his phone out to call Diamond to give her news about Autumn.