11. Where Are You?

Autumn

I was stuck, I couldn't move because if I did it would be my ass. I was shaking like shit, "Derrick, why?" I asked.

"What did I just say? Ever since I met your ass you just been a bitch! I knew eventually that bitch ass nigga was gonna come back for you and I was right." He chuckled. "I didn't want to shoot you but I didn't have a choice, I wanted to kill that nigga Aug forreal for real. But you was my ticket to find Damir silly ass lacking." He continued, "You would think him being gone and watching you he would've known who you was fucking. Now... this is what I want you to do for me and I'll let you and that hoe out there go."

"What do you need me to do?" I asked.

"Call that nigga August. And, when you call him make it seem like you need him to come over so y'all can talk. Don't panic, if you do I'm hitting your ass in the head with this gun. Did I make myself clear?" He was waiting for my answer.

"Okay, I won't freak out. Can I go get my phone out the living room?" I asked. "Me and you are going in there so your friend can understand what I just told you. Let's go!" He said sternly.

We walked into the living room and Diamond had a terrified look on her face, "It's okay Diamond, but can you hand me your phone so I can call August. Obviously my phone isn't out here." I asked her.

"Um.. sure." Diamond said, she was shaking as unlocked her phone and dialed August number, she passed me the phone.

I prayed in my head he'll get the idea why I'm calling off of Diamond phone. I thought about how I would word it so he'll know I'm in trouble, I waited for him to answer the phone.

On the last ring he answered, "What's up Diamond?" I felt a tear slide down my cheek, "August... it s me, Autumn." I spoke into the phone heavy breathing.

"Autumn, what's wrong and why you calling off Diamond phone?" He asked. "I can't say much now, but I need your help." I said. "What's the ma-" August was cut off by Diamond yelling that Derrick was holding us hostage with a gun, then a gun shot went off. I screamed, "DIAMONDDDD, no no no.." I didn't even care about Derrick and that gun, I dropped the phone and ran over to my bestfriend.

Derrick must've picked up the phone to speak to August, "Get here or these bitches both die."

********************

August

I was leaving the hospital after checking on Damir, they said he was in critical condition. Then I got a phone call from Autumn and some shit is going down, I believe Diamond just got shot.

I was doing 90mph, I had to get to them. I don't know where he shot her at and if she's okay. I was just hoping they both was okay.

********************

Autumn

I was balling crying, I didn't want to lose my bestfriend. "Diamond baby, can you hear me?" I asked her, "You gonna be good girl. You can't leave me, please you have your babies you can't leave them." I cried holding her.

"Autumn..." Diamond choked out, "I love you girl." She smiled. "Keep talking to me Diamond, you doing good baby." I said, I tried to put as much pressure I could where she got shot at.

"Tell my momma I love her if I can't make it out of this one." She struggled to say, a tear slipped out her left eye.

"You are gonna make it out this one, I promise. Just talk to me Diamond." I said, crying hard my eye sight was getting blurry.

In my head I just wanted to rewind back to last night with me and August, I wanted to feel safe in his arms.

"God please... please let my best friend live." I begged as I cried even harder.

Derrick was doing some yelling and screaming, but ignored him. I didn't have any fear in my heart right now.

********************

I was sitting in the hospital, still crying. "She's gonna be good Autumn." August had his arm around me, he kissed my forehead.

I was thankful August didn't come by hisself with a gun, I'm happy he had some sense to call the ambulance and police to the scene. But I could tell he wanted to fuck Derreck up, I don't know all about all of that, I just don't want to put my daughter in harms way.

We waited for hours. She lost a lot of blood, most of it was on me. I decided to go see Damir while I'm here in the hospital, I looked at August.

"I'll be back, I just want to check on something." I spoke softly.

"Okay, I'll be here." He said and watched me get up.

I went to the desk to ask to Damir, I wanted his room number. Since I was already on this floor I should go see him as well. The lady was kind of enough to work with me and give me his room number, I thanked her and made my way to his room.

I stared at the door before I finally stepped in, I was in awe. I looked at him, I walked over to him and touched his hand. I smiled thinking about us when we was young and in love.

"Damir babyyyyy!!" I said as I ran into my room where he was watching the game, he laughed. "What's up baby." He grabbed me and gave me a kiss. "When did you get here?" I asked him.

"Not too long ago, how was your day at school?" He asked me. "It was good actually, my last year. But forget about me, I talked to you last night and you said you wasn't coming up here till the weekend." I said.

"I'm going to transfer to a school up here so I can be close to you." He said, "What if I planned to go out of state?" I smirked. "Girl hush and come give me some love." He said, he grabbed me so I was sitting on top of him.

"I love you Autumn. You gonna have my last name and give me my first child." He said, "If we have a daughter I want her name to be Rylie and if we have a son I want him to be a JR." He smirked, I played with his chain as I sat on top of him while he rubbed my butt.

"I love you, too. And, I'll make sure of that... but we have to get married first." I smiled.

"I'm working on that baby girl." He said as he flipped me over so that he was on top and I was beneath him.

"Damir.... why did you leave me?" I sobbed as I sat in the chair next to his bed. "You didn't have to lie, you could've told me you was still here. We have a beautiful daughter, I know you would've adore her." I held his hand, I could feel a slight squeeze. I wiped my eyes, "Damir?" I muttered.

"It's me in the flesh...." His voice was raspy, but I could hear him loud and clear.

"Stop talking, let me get a nurse!" I said.

I ran out to get a nurse, but I never went back in though, I had to check on Diamond.

August seen me walking towards him and he stood up, "What's wrong?" I asked, I had a slight heart attack. I just wasn't prepared if it was bad news.

"She's fine. They said you did a job of keeping her talking to you and keeping pressure so she didn't lose anymore blood." August said.

I cried.... it was tears of joy.