KageIwa - Rain Dancing

1/1 - don't know why I like this ship so much but oh well ¯\_()_/¯ plus I figured someone light fluff was good for the soul
{Not Requested}
Warnings: near lemon

Tobio Kageyama. His previous Kouhai, lower class man, whatever you want to call it. Didn't go to Aoba Johsai.

The other third years could just feel Iwaizumi's disappointment radiating from him when Kunimi and Kindaichi walked in without the other boy, then the heartbroken swelling feeling coming off him when they told him they had no contact with him.

"Iwa-chan, it'll be okay. I mean— he's most likely to join a volleyball team anyway, so it's not like we'll never see him again!" Oikawa reasoned with him, patting his back softly. Although he was a pain in the ass, he was the best person to come to for an optimistic point of view on things.

"Maybe," Hajime muttered into his fingers, gently biting one out of stress.

"I know the two of you were — are — pretty close, so he'll make the effort to at least get your number when we see him again," Hanamaki parted his back softly, Mattsun doing the same.

The setter grinned at him, putting his hands on his hips. "I could tell he was pretty interested in you when we were back in middle school~"

Iwaizumi glared up at the captain, threatening him with a side hand. Putting his hands up in fake surrender, Oikawa sweat dropped.

"Hey, hey! Just joking Iwa, promise," he put his hands down and smirked "but if we're being honest, I hear wedding bells~ maybe in about 5-6 years-!"

He got hit in the face with an angry, flying water bottle.

~

The first time they saw each other again was a practise game. Aoba Johsai Vs Karasuno.

Kageyama didn't expect to see Iwaizumi across from him, this time on the opposing side. It definitely gave him a surprise, but a good one.

He had missed his senpai for a long time, regretting not telling him how he felt before. It's not like it made a difference anyway...

Once their eyes met across the net, they knew. They both knew that right after this game, there would be words. And a lot of them.

~

Okay— not as many words as Kageyama thought. He liked this much better though. He smiled against Iwaizumi's lips, hands on his shoulders as the older pressed him against the wall.

"Mhm.. Iwaizumi-senpai?" He asked as they parted, placing his head on the other boy's chest.

"Yeah?" He seemed incredible relaxed, which wasn't normal for the bold third-year. He couldn't tell why, but he really loved the feeling of Iwaizumi's arm around his back, holding him like he was being cherished... weird.

"What are we?" He raised an eyebrow, as well as his head to look up at him.

"Whatever you want to be Tobio, but I hope I know what you want... cause I want it too," they got closer once again, closing the gap for a minute or so.

"Boyfriends?" Kageyama scrunched his eyes closed, waiting for something.

"Boyfriends. Yeah, I like that," the taller boy cracked a grin down at him, and Kageyama could swear that his heart went straight to his throat.

Iwaizumi's hands slid to his upper waist, holding him tightly and gently. He was.. happy.

He couldn't hold his own smile back as they joined lips again, before the Karasuno first year walked back in from the 'bathroom'.