Chapter 9

A box. She came back with, a box. Confused, I watched her walk back over to her spot in front of the couch. Lydia placed the box on the floor in between us. She took a breath and looked up from the box and at me.

"This. Is a box-" she started.

"No Duh stupid" I had cut her off mid sentence. I then rolled my eyes at her, hoping she knew I was joking.

"This box. It holds something that could be of great use to you if you really are the girl in the prophecy."

"If? Wait what do you mean if? You just started pointing fingers at me saying I WAS the girl in the prophecy-"

"Well no actually, I said you COULD be her." She retorted as I was speaking.

"And now you're saying I might not be?" I finished.

"It was just a theory, but I really do believe it's you."

I paused for a minute. "You really do?"

She nodded slowly. I smiled slightly and started talking again.

"So, what exactly is this box for? What's in it?" It wasn't a very large box, but it wasn't tiny either.

"You, are going to go to see the old wizard I was talking about. The box is locked and only he can open it. That is unless you know how to use magic properly" she kind of glanced at me when she said that. "Plus he can confirm for you wether you're her or not" She finished and it sounded like she was trying to convince me to go see him.

"Well, ok. But why can't you come with me? Why only me?" I asked a little confused.

"I'm sorry but I cannot leave. I can't go that far into the woods. She'll know and if I'm gone that long she will become suspicious." when she said she'll know I knew she was referring to the Evil Queen.

With that she quickly got up again and ran around her house gathering stuff. When she was done she came back with what looked like a bag, a map and some weird looking thing. I don't know what is was and frankly I didn't care enough to ask.

"Take this stuff. The map will help you find the wizard." She handed me the stuff and when she did there was a really loud crack and boom noise. Then things were quiet for a minute. "They know you're here" Lydia look scared now. She stood up so fast it looked like she was going to fall over. She shoved the box into my hands and shoved me outside and said "go and run! She can't find you!"

I kinda just stood just outside her house trying to process what was happening right now.

"Bella! What are you doing?!" Lydia was screaming at me. "You need to get out of here!"

I shook my head to get out of the trance I was in. I nodded and started to run farther into the wood when I stopped just outside the clearing and looked back at Lydia. "But-"

"Go! I'll be fine! Trust me!" She some what yelled and shooed me away.

I turned back around again and just ran to who knows where.