Chapter Four

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders,
Let me walk upon the waters, Wherever You would call me..
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander,
And my faith will be made stronger In the presence of my Savior..

The congregation could be heard singing solemnly with sister Mary as she sang OCEANS 'where feet may fail' by hillsong's. I looked around the large auditorium with lightenings, everyone seems to be in deep worship. With their hands raised towards the direction of the sky. I remember the days when worshipping God was the only thing that made me feel great.

I stared at sister Mary as she sang like she was walking on air, she looked so happy as she sang on the altar. One thing I've noticed about her is, when it comes to worship, she either raises song by Hillsong's, Anthem lights or Dunsin Oyekan. And you should know, tongues can not be removed from Dunsin Oyekan, Dunsin Oyekan can not be removed from tongues. Kabaya.

I am glad she willingly agreed to take the worship session. It would have been an embarrassment for me to stand on that altar with the way mummy pastor styled my dreads, doughnut bun and two single dreads dangling on my left cheek. When I'm not a girl.

"Hallelujah!" sister Mary, sang into the microphone, as she ended the worship session.

***

I cheerfully sang along with the music that emanated from the compact disc player as I drove to my sister's house. I sounded the horn as I arrived at the entrance of the magnificent house. The gateman hurriedly opened the giant green gate for me to enter. Merely seeing the giant duplex building, beautiful compound and lush garden. No one has to inform a stranger the inhabitants of the house live an ostentatious style of living, the sight alone would do justice.

I quietly went into the humble home, but seriously there was nothing humble about this home. Everything had a touch of sophistication and elegance.

The very large television screen that dwarfed a person to the black leather settes, was of course imported. It was plain obvious, everything in the house was imported. My sister just had an eye for good things. Money and my sister's politician husband were like five and six.

"Peace be unto this house," I said in a low voice, as I strolled in with the air of a boss man.

"Dada Ile wa ti de o (The one with dreadlocks in my family is here)." a tiny voice, belonging to my sister said without taking her eyes from the big screen.

"Don't tell me you came into this house, without a lady once again? " My sister a stout chubby, fair complexioned woman about forty years,  on whose face is always housing a smile which indicates she was the always happy type, said in a low voice.

But that's still without taking her eyes off the big screen, her love for Korean movies, needs not to be questioned.

"Pizza!" a babish voice rang across the room, well who alone calls me pizza if not for my jiggala.

"Timi money!" I hailed, as my dark chubby nephew jumped on me. 

"Uncle Longe, who styled your dreads? You actually look pretty." Ore my niece with the body physique that reminds her parents, she's not the same five year old that can finish a pack of biscuit in three days, joked. As she laughed out loudly.

"It's mummy pastor o, before your hair looks like something they didn't finish in the factory." I joked. Giving her the 'burn!' look.

The way she treats her hair can discourage anyone who wants to embark on a natural hair journey. 

"That's not funny," she retorted, sticking out her tongue and making air quotes.

"Glow! glow! glow! auntie Glowria! Why are you looking so fresh" I sang, scooping her small body into my arms.