Chapter Five

Weeeewuuuuzzzz

The wind whistled past, the night was already getting scary. The wind was in a terrifying rage and also stubbornly bent on causing chaos and flinging things about. A shudder passed over me as the breeze coming from the opened window in the dinning room hit me with full force.

"Ebun!" I called out, hoping she would hear me. My stomach kept growling, the hunger pangs were becoming unbearable. If not for the rain that was about to fall, I would have been at the food seller's place down the streets.

My stomach churned loudly, I got vaguely angry suddenly. "Ebun!" I shouted, but the rumbling of thunder and the whistling of the wind seems to have drowned my voice. An hungry man is an angry man, I got up angrily, storming blindly to the kitchen.

"Is the food not ready yet? " I shouted, blinking my eyes rapidly to accustom it to the sharp florescent lights which illuminated the kitchen adding a touch of beauty to its simplicity.

she leapt up in fright, dropping the cover of the pot she was holding and placing a hand on her chest, the clashing sounds of the cover colliding with the hard tiles made a deafening sound.

"It's about to, the rice is ready but the stew won't take time." she replied not looking at me.

I stared at her, scrunching up my face at the wrapper she was tying on her waist, even though it accentuated her wide hips. I don't think I can ever be a fan of wrappers in the house. Ebun hasn't for once related with me for the past two weeks she has spent here and that was strange. I sighed heavily, pinching my nose as I walked towards where she was standing in front of the small fridge.

"You have been avoiding me and that's absolutely unlike you, the Ebun I know would have started dashing me slaps on my head" I asked, standing right in front of her.

She didn't even bother to look up, not even a whisper came from her. I stared at her trying to figure out her expression but her face was just blank.

I got it, my house was the last place she would ever be right now. But and so, as if I will force her into my bed or anything, Ebun was not a inch part of the perfect picture I desire, she was absolutely not my type. Though beautiful, has great culinary skills, like she has everything a man would want. But not me Alonge, and that's not because of the level of her literacy, at least she wants to further her education. That's an achievement for her not me.

She made an effort to step away but I grabbed hold of her arm, holding tightly to it.

"You know what Alonge, why don't you just break my arm?" she asked.

My lips widened to a smile, she finally said something. I released her, stepping back a bit and raising up my head to the white ceiling. This kitchen might be small and not spacious but at least it was manageable for a bachelor like me and a bachelorette like Ebun.

"Ebun what's up na?" I asked.

"I would have said the sky if we were outside but right now it is the ceiling," she replied, crossing her arms.

I chuckled softly, biting my lips and licking it. The real Ebun was back. We both stood staring at each other without saying anything. Suddenly a smell permeated the air. My eyes widened at the realisation of what it was and my stomach turned, it was like the worms in my tummy were jumping like rats drowning inside river.

"Ebun! " I shouted at the same time the downpour of rain hit the roof.

She hurriedly switched of the gas cooker that was placed at the right corner of the kitchen close to the sink.

"Did you at least save the stew from burning? " I asked, pulling out the band that secured my dreads. I shook my head softly making the locks scatter about.

"Yes I saved it" She replied, making efforts to serve the food. She moved around the kitchen getting plates and spoons. I couldn't resist the urge to check her out.

Has she walked past me I felt tempted to call her back, 'omo let us have a taste na.'

'Don't even go there'Alonge I chided. I watched her as she placed her feet gently on the floor, walking cautiously.

The tray of well ladened food she was holding didn't have a touch of effect on me. I couldn't remove my gaze from her backside, this is what they call torture, the slow movement and motion of it aggravated the alpha within me, I wanted to claim her and own her right now, just imagine if all this were mine. I chided myself once again shaking my head and snapping out of the trance.

I decided to take one final glance before she disappeared, behold what I saw made me gulp and swallow spits hurriedly, she was moving away fast this time around and her derriere kept jiggling uncontrollably.

This is really not good, I moved slowly bit by bit like I was in a trance towards the wide sink, I immediately opened the tap, scooping water to watch my face.

"This is not happening again" I whispered shutting my eyes tightly, I opened my eyes back to see the light was gone. Well a black out was expected, the rain kept pouring and pouring. But thank God it was a Friday.

"Alonge, Uncle Alonge" I heard Ebun call out. Don't tell me she was scared of the dark.

why is she calling me Uncle?

~~~~~~~~

A/n

Hope you liked it? What do you guys think will happen with both of them living under the same roof? 😂😂😂 Lol, enter my dm let's talk. If you have been entering before, don't enter again 😂😂😂

There's this book you guys should check out 'The longing' by lovemyst10 just type in that username on the search button. I'm sure you will enjoy it cause I love it already. 😭