III

Ch 3

The black Audi pulled up to the huge metal gates. The driver rolled down the window and talked to the security guard for a second, and soon the creaking of metal hinges being moved could be heard. 

The car rolled down the driveway, decorated on each side with beautiful gardens. Even though it was dark now, Jimin could spot the peonies bushes against the far corner on each side. The sprinklers were running furiously, spraying water all over the grass, making it sparkle under the lamp lights. 

They pulled up at the front door, two people dressed similarly stood there, with bright smiles, waiting to welcome them. The driver quickly got out to open the doors for everyone, and came to Jimin's side at last, as he was about to open the door Jimin waved a hand, signalling the driver to leave, who scurried off to close the other doors. 

Jimin quickly sent a text to hobi -who he had been texting the whole ride-  telling him he had arrived and had to go now.

'Hobi💜: good luck!!😘❤️❤️'

Jimin gave a small smile as his cheeks turned a little red, then shoved his phone into his coat pocket. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes and then inhaled, mustering up the kindest smile he could.

He pushed the door open and got out. He walked around the car, finding his father shaking hands with the other man and the lady telling her sister how beautiful she looked.

The woman saw Jimin and her smile widened. "And you must be Jimin!" She exclaimed, pulling him into a huge hug.

"Good evening Mrs. Jeon." He said, pulling back. He turned to the man, his smile dropping to a more formal one. "Good evening Mr.Jeon." He bowed down a little

The man grabbed his shoulders, lightly lifting him back. 

Mr. Jeon patted his back and turned to his father. "Shall we go inside then," he asked. Everyone nodded and followed the Jeons inside their home.

The interior of the home was very simplistic. Wooden floors, floor to ceiling windows that looked out onto the backyard, tall archways instead of doors, gave it a vacation home kind of vibe. 

"Mrs. Jeon, if you don't mind me asking, where is Jungkook?" Ji-yong voiced out as they reached the dining room. 

"Jeez, young, you haven't even met him yet, and you can't wait to see him?" Jimin mumbled, which earned him an elbow in the side from his sister. 

All the elders chuckled at their behaviour, some a little more fake than others. 

"Please, call me Rita darling. And there has actually been a little change in our plans, Jungkook was supposed to arrive in Korea early this morning. But his flight got delayed a few hours." She smiled at her.

"So when will he be joining us for dinner then?" Jimin's father asked. 

"Oh actually, he won't. We were on the phone with him before you arrived. His flight landed just an hour ago, and he has to wrap things up at his company before he can get home. But we'll meet him after dinner." Mr. Jeon explained as he sat down in the chair at the head of the table, which was being set up by two servants. 

Jimin's father sat down adjacent to him, his mother next to him. Mrs. Jeon sat on the other side of her husband, and insisted that Ji-yong sit next to her. "Oh. Well then I think it's best that we wait for him." Mr. Park suggested, looking at his family for approval. Everyone nodded, and Jimin didn't say anything as he sat down beside his sister. 

"But it can take him a while. We can't possibly let you wait." Mrs. Jeon protested.

"Oh it's not a problem at all Rita. I'm sure Ji-yong too wants to wait for him, don't you Ji-yong." His mother said, eyeing Ji-yong, who simply nodded, a small smile on her face.