Chapter 5: Say it to my face!

Mila laid in bed staring at the celling. It was 4am and she hadn’t slept a wink. All she could think about was Luca and whether or not to say yes. Every time she closed her eyes her subconscious would pop up. She knew deep down in her heart she needed to be with him but she couldn’t admit that all those hours crying over him meant nothing because the kiss meant nothing. She felt like she had her heartbroken for no reason.

Once she realised she wasn’t going to sleep well she went downstairs. She went straight to the fridge and poured herself a glass of milk. She sat on one of the breakfast bar stools and typed away at her computer on her new story.

“Hey bubba” Lyra said coming into the kitchen and sitting on the stool next to Mila.

“Hi mum, you scared me”

“Aww sorry hun, what you doing up? You having those nightmares again?”

“No, I’m fine, I just cant sleep.”

“Whats wrong?” Lyra asked rubbing Mila’s back.

“It’s a long story” Mila sighed

“I have all night my dear girl”

“Well, Me and Luca choose to go our separate ways a few months ago, but now he is back in the picture and wants to get back together.” Mila sighed

“Oh I noticed you separated. I have never seen anything like that. You shot of to Atlanta, then around the world. You wrote amazing stuff but all of it seemed to be masked with this glumness. And you cried, a lot. Baby you never cry. You sure you want to go through that again” Lyra asked

“I don’t know mum, I just feel like maybe we aren’t as compatible as we once were.”

“Baby listen to me. That boy cares for you. You care for him to. Now I don’t see it often but when I do it is very obvious”

“What is obvious?”

“The way he looks at you, its mighty obvious he is falling in love with you sweetie” Mila gasped and turned to her mother.

“Don’t say that word mum!” Mila covered her ears

“Well, My dear as much as you want to be angry at him. He didn’t do it, that should make you happy not sad?”

“It does, I’m glad the kiss was fake but my heart was broken and that was real”

“I know, but darling are you going to loose a good man, because of your pride and past?” Mila heard her mother loud and clear and understood exactly what she was saying.

“Ughh, I hate it when you are right.” Mila said getting up from her stool.

“I know, some times the right route, isn’t necessarily the easy route in life”

“I know, Im going to go to bed now.” Mila said walking over to leave the kitchen

“But mum” she said stopping and turning around. “I love you” Lyra just smiled and replied “I love you too.”

Mila sat in her car, in Luca’s apartment garage. She had rehearsed what she was going to say to him probably a hundred times before she got there, but once she did, she couldn’t even get out the car. Looking at her phone she noticed she had 12 missed calls and 19 text from Luca. She couldn’t even read them, she was way too nervous. This was what she wanted, why was she so scared. She dropped her head on the wheel and sighed a deep sigh.

Mila jumped to the sound of someone knocking forcefully on her window. She turned and saw Luca, standing over the car, with a look of fury on his face. Winding down the window, she looked up at him confused.

“Get out the car now!” He shouted.

“No” she said winding back up the window. Luca went to his car got out a wrench and smashed the window behind Mila. Sticking his hand through he unlocked Mila’s door and dragged her out. Mila was in absolute shock, just staring at him in disbelief. Luca grabbed her handbag out of the car.

“Do you have any other valuables in there? He asked in a hard tone. Mila just shook her head. Then he continued to pull her through the garage and into the lift up to his apartment, not letting go of her this whole time.

“Say it?” Luca shouted walking into the apartment. “SAY IT MILA! RIGHT NOW TO MY FACE!” He shouted.

“You smashed my window” She said back to him.

“Boohoo, get over it, Say it Mila!”

“Say what?” She whispered

“Tell me, look into my eyes and tell me you don’t want to try to be with me! If that’s really what you want” Luca said, in a shaky voice grabbing Mila by her wrist.

“What do you mean?”

“You sat in the car, I watched you on the CCTV practicing. But I need you to say it to my face” he took in a deep breath as a single tear dropped from his eye.

“No luca, I dont want to be with you. Yet. But I do want to try! I was reciting what to say because I was nervous. Luca, I cant deny what we have. I need you and you need me. I don’t want to be with you yet, but I want to give it a second chance.” Mila announced. Luca kissed her on the forehead and let go of her.

“Thank you! A second chance is all we need” He said placing his hands on her face.

“Luca you smashed my window” Mila said still upset.

“I know sweetie. I will sort it out” he hugged her and she embraced him. He walked her over to the coach and sat her down.

“Mila, I need you to listen to me sweetie. Im only going to say this once. You and I will be together. Whether its now or years later, im never loosing you again. I don’t ever want to go another day when I don’t know I have you. I need you to say it. tell me your never going to leave me again.” Luca said looking into her eyes.

“Im not” She whispered

“No, I need you to say it properly Mila. ‘I’m never going to leave you again’.”

“Im never going to leave you again” she said smiling softly. “But I swear to go Luca, if I see you kiss another girl ever again. I wont leave you, I will chop your balls off and eat them for breakfast.” She said in a more harsh tone.

“I wouldn’t expect anything less, my sweet girl”