Part 3

After school got over, instead of going home, I decided to go shopping. The one thing that can make my mood better is shopping. Anyway I had been having a shitty day since morning. First Mom, then Tamara. And tomorrow was Reggie's Dad's party. So I decided to but a good outfit for tomorrow.
I entered one of my favorite shops, Crystal, and began searching through some dresses.
There was one blue dress that caught my eye. I picked it up when I heard a voice say
"May I help you?"
I turned around to see a tall man standing in front of me. He had sparkling blue eyes. Then I noticed his sharp jawline. It was definitely familiar. Where had I seen it before?
"Oh, Hayley right?" he asked.
Of course! It was the new guy. Alex.
"Hey, Alex?" I asked, hesitating. I didn't was to get his name wrong.
"Yep."
"You work here?"
"No, I just roam around here wearing a salesman's costume for fun."
He probably realized that I was confused because he said,
"Yeah, I do." he grinned widely.
I smiled back.
"So, looking for a dress?" he asked.
"Yeah, something a bit formal maybe?"
He picked out a black dress and said, eyeing the blue one in my hand, "I think black is more your color."
Well, the dress was beautiful and so elegant. It had thin straps and was flowy below my waist. It was just a bit higher than my knees.
Wow, it would probably suit me more than the blue one.
After going to the trial room and trying the dress on, I decided to buy it.
"You were right. Black is my color." I said to Alex.

It was 6 pm. I have exactly an hour to reach to Reggie's house.
I put on the black dress, and some makeup that went with it. I decided to leave my hair the way they were. They flowed to my shoulders. I wore my favorite black heels. I probably wear them all the time, but who cares?!
I picked out some beautiful jewelry which sparkled along with my dress.
I did look pretty good. Better than usual.

After a short drive, I reached Reggie's house. I've been there a couple of time before. His house is even larger than mine. And that's HUGE. I parked my car and entered through the humongous main gate, which the main security opened on seeing me. They are pretty familiar with my face now.
As I entered the mansion, I saw many men and women in rich suits and dresses. Thank god I went shopping.
"Hayley!"
I turned around to see Reggie in a formal, black suit. Yay! At least we were wearing matching clothes.
He looked so handsome in formals. His black hair were combed and gelled properly.
He gently picked up my hand and placed a small kiss on it. I giggled and hooked my arm into his.
"Hayley dear!"
It was Reggie's Father.
"Oh, hello Mr. Collins. How are you doing?" I asked putting up my best smile.
"Hello! I'm good. Nice to meet you. It's been so long since we have met. You should come over more often." said Reggie's Dad. He was in his mid 50s, and had quite a few whites on his head.
After he left Reggie said "I told you that he's really fond on you."
I smiled at him.

About 2 hours had passed. Reggie was busy talking to the guests and making them feel welcome, and I knew absolutely no-one around. So I just stuck to sitting down in one corner of the hall, sipping a glass of lemonade. I couldn't risk drinking here, as I had no control over my drinking habits, and after the good reputation in front of Mr. Collins, I couldn't risk getting drunk.
But I need a drink. I need to let go of my worries. I need to loosen up!
I found my feet carrying me around the house, looking for Reggie.
After a few minutes of searching, I saw him talking to some guests.
"Reg, hey." I interrupted.
"Uh, I'll be back in a minute." said Reggie to the guests.
"Yes? What happened?" he asked me.
"Oh, um, Reggie, I-"
"What happened? Are you okay? Feeling unwell?"
"Oh no i-" for some stupid reason I decided to change my mind. "Yeah. I guess I'll be heading home."
"Want me to drop you?" he asked in a concerned manner.
"No, no. I'll be fine."

As I walked out of the gate and got into my car, I checked my phone for some good places to go where I could drink.
There were 3 new messages from Tamara.
'The party is gonna be in my basement.
Drinks will be there.
See ya!'
Well, there will be drinks.
Wait, am I just considering going to Tamara's party?

It wasn't long before I ended up at her doorstep.

Hey everyone! Hope you liked this chapter.
Do vote and comment!
Vriti_15~