Chapter 3

——Percy——

Once we got off the train, Annabeth and I headed towards the lake. We were supposed to meet a guy named Hagrid, who Chiron had warned us beforehand was a half-giant, but wasn't evil. Even so, I was a bit nervous. I hadn't seen a giant in about four years.

We walked, holding hands and whispering, talking discreetly about stuff at camp and about how things might go here. Soon, we found Hagrid and it turned out that he really did seem nice. He led us the rest of the way to the lake and gave us a boat. We got on and I willed the water to push us forward, zooming across the lake.

The beginning of the trip passed in comfortable silence, just looking into each other's eyes. Soon, though, Annabeth's worries got the best of her.

"How about we go over the cover story?" she suggested, ever the planner.

"Sure. So, we went to Goode Academy of magic, which uses the same houses, so we were in gryffindor," she seemed surprised that I'd actually paid attention when she'd made all of this up, right after Hecate and her mom had collaborated to give us all the knowledge that an extremely powerful witch or wizard would have. Another thing that made us want to accept this quest is that we would keep the powers afterwards. They definitely might come in handy.

"Right, because Minerva is making us co-heads of gryffindor. Our mom and dad are greek, that's why we speak it and know the myths, we say our real age, even if they might not like it, —"

"Wise Girl, relax. We don't need to have every detail worked out," I interrupted her, rubbing her shoulders soothingly.

"Yeah, you're right."

Soon after that, we docked near the big castle and Annabeth immediately started ranting to me about the architecture. Pushing her past a particularly interesting style of column, I forced her into what we'd been told was called the Great Hall, following the throngs of students. We went up to the teacher's table and shook hands with Minerva, who'd come to ask us to do this quest. Then, she introduced us to each professor one by one. I knew I'd never remember their names, but I was confident in both Annabeth's ability to remember everything and in the fact that we most likely wouldn't see them very much.

Finally, we sat down right on Minerva's left side. The sorting took place and after the last girl, May Xeni, was sorted into ravenclaw, Minerva stood up and announced that the feast could start. Annabeth and I inconspicuously lit a fire in a cup to sacrifice part of our meal to our parents. After that, I ate, unconcerned by all the stares that we were getting from the students. After dessert disappeared from the golden plates, Minerva stood up.

"Welcome, and for most, welcome back," I could tell she didn't feel right giving this speech, that it was meant for someone else. "Another year at Hogwarts has begun. I know a lot of you are wondering who will be teaching defense against the dark arts this year. I would like to introduce our newest teachers, Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase. They will be teaching DADA and a new class called Healing. This class will be mandatory for students in second year and up, including N.E.W.T. level students," the hall broke out in whispers at this, probably because there were no mandatory classes for N.E.W.T. students. I guess it was a good thing that Annabeth made me read Hogwarts, a History. 

— - — - —

A/N: here's an early update in honour of my friends' birthday! Also, partly because both this and yesterday's chapter were very short.

I am also posting my new story, "Meet Percabeth and Co.", today, so please check that out if you're interested. It's - you guessed it - a MMD with a few one shots in the future.

I hope you like the story so far, please comment any critique, advice or just random thoughts you have while reading!