Chapter 12

——Ginny——

Following Hermione's shocking realization, the two of us agreed that telling Harry and Ron would have to wait for a more private setting. Luckily, the next weekend was a Hogsmead trip, on which we'd already planned a double date in the Three Broomsticks.

That's where we were headed now, Hermione and I practically jogging, we were so anxious to tell them. Not soon enough, the pub's warm atmosphere surrounded us as we went to an empty and secluded table near the back, so that no one would hear our conversation. We waited for Madam Rosmerta to bring us our butterbeers, then launched into telling our boyfriends about our discovery.

"Guys, we figured out what's so strange about the new teachers," I started in a voice just above a whisper. Meanwhile, Hermione took the book that she'd brought with her out from her bag.

"You did? How?! What is it?!" Harry's tone was absolutely incredulous and a bit disbelieving.

"Well, here, take this," Hermione said, handing him the novel across the table.

"Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Lightning Thief *(A/N: further explanations in final A/N. Please read). Wait, so you two think that Prof. Jackson is Percy Jackson? That's rubbish," he said while handing the book to Ron.

"No, it's not," Hermione retorted. "All of the names match up: Annabeth Chase is his girlfriend, Will Solace is their friend and they've been speaking Ancient Greek, mentioning Greek gods and calling Prof. Chase 'daughter of Athena. How can all of those be coincidences?" They both still looked skeptical, so she sighed and continued in a softer way. "Look, I read all of the Percy Jackson books when I was younger and I just have this feeling. I know that we're right. I just need you to trust me and we only need to ask them. If we're wrong, I'll let it go. Promise." After that, the boys practically had no choice but to cave and we decided to confront them later today about it. When Ron asked how we would find their supposedly hidden office, I reminded him that we had the Marauder's Map. With that, the date continued on as usual.

— - — - —

At dinner, we talked about all of the possibilities that could come with Greek myths being real, quietly, of course. Just as most people were finishing their meal, Prof. McGonagall stood up to make an announcement.

"May I have everyone's attention, please?" The students and staff fell silent. "Thank you. I'd just like to announce a change in holiday plans. Due to last year's war, many people have lost loved ones and property. Because of this, we fully understand if all of you would like to return home. However, those who decide to stay may bring with them up to three immediate family members or friends. You must register their names on the sheet in your common room for them to be allowed in. These sheets will be taken down and arrangements will be made one week from today. That is all, good night."

The room erupted in lively chatter as those staying at Hogwarts talked about who they'd invite. With the burrow having been partially burned down by Death Eaters, Ron and I were among them, along with Hermione and Harry. Out of my other friends, only Rebecca was staying at Hogwarts, mostly because she couldn't face the memories that her mum's house brought back, since she was killed in the war.

In the end, it was stated that Mum, Dad, George, Teddy and Becca's girlfriend Riley (she's a squib) would be coming, if they wanted to. We would've invited Andromeda, but she was very overwhelmed at the moment by the death of her husband and daughter. The list of our prospective guests was painfully short, a reminder of all of the people that we'd lost. Regardless of that, we were all excited to see our family, so we wrote to them and entered their names on the sheet. I couldn't wait.

——Annabeth——

Since winter break was coming up and Minerva had told us about her plans in advance, Percy and I had decided to invite Will to Hogwarts, mainly to take his mind off of Nico and the continued absence of any clues or signs about his disappearance. He would also be able to help us in Healing.