Chapter 7

——Annabeth——

Exhausted from our first day of teaching, Percy and I went straight to our common room after classes. We ate thanks to a few of Camp Half-Blood's plates and goblets that we'd brought with us. After dinner, we changed into pyjamas and got into bed, cuddling up and saying goodnight.

— - — - —

Today we were teaching our first real classes and I was beyond excited. I'd spent the past few weeks obsessively going over the lesson plan while Seaweed Brain tried to get me to loosen up.

I got out of bed somewhat reluctantly and went over to our closet. Aphrodite had apparently taken the liberty to supply us with clothes, because it contained every single item of clothing I could ever imagine wearing and more. Minerva had excused us from wearing the traditional robe, so I put on a light gray blouse and a pair of jeans before putting my hair in a ponytail and going back towards the bed.

Percy was still asleep and snoring and we really needed to get down to breakfast. I only knew of two ways to wake my boyfriend up. One was to tell him that his mom had made blue cookies, but I was feeling nice today. I leaned down and kissed him, which immediately woke him up.

— - — - —

Our first class of the day was Healing with the seventh (and eighth) years.

"So, we're going to split up into the groups and talk, while everyone who entered something in their journals comes up to speak with me individually. I want you to go around in a circle and share one emotion you've felt more than twice over the past week and why you think that you did. Percy will go around and help out or answer questions," I then took note of which people had used their journal and went to the desk, sitting in one chair and beckoning Ginny towards me. I gestured to the other chair and she sat.

She handed me her journal and I opened it to find something very intriguing. On an unlined page, a detailed pencil sketch of a bear cub was captioned with what seemed like a prophecy:

Even in the strangest place,
Wisdom and waves will find a trace
Of one they used to call a friend
And will again by this rainfall's end.

"It's beautiful. Any particular inspiration?" I was curious. Regular mortals didn't usually write prophecies.

"I had a sort of dream, but it was just a voice telling me that verse. She said to tell her daughter and that she would know what to do. Then, when I woke up, I wrote down the verse and my hand seemed to draw the bear on its own."

"It's good that you showed me this. Thank you."

"Of course. I mean, that's why you're here right?"

"Yeah. Now, go join your group. I'm guessing that you're 2?"

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"Harry, Ron and Hermione are in 2," I said simply, pointing towards their group.

I called out to a boy named Neville Longbottom and kept helping people interpret their entries, trying in vain to stop thinking about Ginny's prophecy.

— - — - —

That night, I told Percy about the prophecy. He agreed that it had probably been my mom in the dream and that wisdom and waves meant us. The rest was a bit more confusing, though. I fell asleep thinking about it and, by morning, was determined not to think about it too much. It would happen whenever the Fates decided it would.

——Ron——

A few days after the first day of classes, we had our first real DADA class and it was very different than it'd been in the past years, to say the least.