𝘅𝗶𝘃. 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

-', ❝(014: 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻) ꒱ ↷👽🛸❞

"열넷"

"HUMANS ARE AN ODD SPECIES." Taehyung finally felt as though he could come out with his analysis of humans after spending so many weeks with one up close and personal, as well as watching human entertainment such as Euphoria. Aspen said it was a "good show" which must mean it is accurate to the human experience, correct?

Aspen glanced at his curious expression. It seems as though he's been thinking about this for a while, so she prompts him. "Why? I mean, you're not wrong, but why?" She was curious to see what in Taehyung's alien terms and standards was so strange about humans and Earth.

She probably shouldn't have asked because her egging him on only going him into a bit of a tangent.

"Well, for one, you have a weird infatuation with fire and heat. You "cook" your food before you eat it by heating it to the point that it's smoking, but isn't burned. It's odd and fascinating at the same time. Humans roll plants into paper and light it on fire to become intoxicated. You even inhale the smoke while embers burn away so close to your sensitive faces. You start fires and then instead of fleeing, you gather around it and start socializing. You use it to light glass jars full of scented wax to make your homes smell better." He had made a list of all the things he was fasinated about when it came to human culture. There was so much things he wanted to ask her about, to understand.

Aspen, however, found herself amused by his confusion. Something as simple as lighting a candle or a bonfire was foreign to him. He looked like he was having an existential crisis, a sort of confused panic that only makes her laugh.

"Why are you laughing, Human Aspen? I am being serious. You use powered pigments to decorate your faces and put ink under your skin as a beauty standard!" He flings his arms into the air with dramatic enthusiasm. "You say "ow" even when you haven't been hurt. You say it when you think you should've been hurt, but you aren't sure if you are." That one he had learned while watching Aspen. She would bum into something, whisper "ow" but keep going without even flinching.

Aspen began to laugh. She simply couldn't help it, he was simply to cute, too funny. Taehyung was confused on what she found so funny, he was being deadly serious.

"Oh, oh, Tae..." She choked, placing a hand on his shoulder. Aspen composed herself with a hearty sigh. "That was probably the cutest, most endearing thing I've ever heard in my life."

Taehyung was glad she found amusement in this, that he could get her to laugh. Sure, she sounded like a dying hyena with asthma, but she was happy nonetheless, so he was happy. She was falling all over him, giggling against his shoulder while she pinched his cheek endearingly. "You really don't understand what those things are, do you?"

Taehyung shook his head. "I do not. I would like you to explain them to me so that I can understand." He wanted to learn most about humans, he wanted to learn more about Aspen. Maybe in hopes that he could replicate what she does to make himself seem normal. Maybe he wanted to connect with her, to understand her life, her thoughts, her ways.