Chapter 4 The Beginning

The next day was a recovery from the last. Your sister and Tom had left for the honeymoon last night after all was said and done. You wished her the best and gave her your well wishes.

You went through your normal routine, same as every other day. You go to your bag you took to the wedding yesterday to get out your phone charger, accidentally spilling the remaining items inside all over the floor. You bend down to pick everything up when a slip of paper catches your eye. The memory of your "mysterious stranger" comes back to you.

You open it up and read the number, remembering you promised to text him today. After allowing your phone to charge a little, you add the contact to your phone. You just send "hey this is (f/n) (l/n) from the wedding yesterday."

Less than a minute later you receive a reply, "hey. How's it going." You didn't think you knew him well enough to just be texting. You wanted to get to know this guy better, honestly. So you decided to call him instead. "Hey, (f/n)," he answered. "If you can't talk it's okay, I just figured it's be easier to get to know you like this instead," you explained.

"Now isn't a great time to talk, how about later? Maybe we could meet somewhere, you live in LA right?" he questioned. "Sure, where we're you thinking?" "Are you up for hiking?" You thought for a second, "sure."

"Great, text me your address and I'll pick you up about 5." Before you could ask anymore questions, he said goodbye and hung up. You decide to go ahead and text him your address so you wouldn't forget later.

You spent most of the day doing small things around the house, you mostly wanted to waste the time until 5. At 4:30, you began to get ready. Since you were going hiking you wore comfortable leggings and a shirt with three quarter length sleeves. You weren't exactly sure where you were going to but since it's fall, you take a jacket just in case.

You put on a little makeup, as you always do, but not too much. You're sitting in the living room letting your phone charge when you hear a knock on the door.

You open it, "hey, Mark." "Hey, you ready to go?" You nod and close he door behind you. In the car, you ask where he's taking you. He refuses to answer. "C'mon," you plead, "until you tell me, I'm just gonna assume you're a rapist taking me to your secret location," you say with a grin on your face. He looks over at you, "then why aren't you trying to get out of the car," he's good at comebacks. You have no response. You only laugh together.

He drives up a small hill and parks the car, "okay, we're here." You both get out of the car and he leads you to a trail.

After about an hour of walking, you reach it. You've seen it everyday since you moved to LA, but you've never actually been to it. He's taken you to the Hollywood sign.

"Mark, this is amazing," you smile and look over at him. He's admiring the sunset. It is beautiful from up here. "So, tell me about yourself," he questions.

The next couple hours were wonderful, you talked to him, spilling your entire life story, him doing the same. You've never felt so instantly comfortable with anyone like this. You can almost feel the magnets connecting as the conversation deepens.

The sun has long set and the moon has come out to play. The lights of the city mimicking the stars in the sky.

"(F/n), this has been great. I've never talked to anyone like this before," he looks over at you. You're sitting on a rock that allows you to see the lights through the center of an O.

You scoot closer to him, "I haven't either, connections like this don't happen often." You place your hand in the small space left between you two, asking him to take it nonverbally. After a couple minutes of looking out over the city, you feel a gentle touch on your hand. Your fingers intertwine perfectly, as if they were made that way then separated. Your face fills with blush as you look down at your hands then at the ground.

"(F/n)," he says getting your attention. He looks into your eyes, "you're a very beautiful woman." You see his cheeks turn into apples as a smile lights up across his face. "Mark, you're too sweet. You're going to make me cry," you lean your head on his shoulder.

You sat there for who knows how long. It was the sweetest thing that has ever happened to you. He was seemingly a gentleman, and he had a wonderful sense of humor. In that moment, you felt as though you could tell him anything. This man whom you just met yesterday has managed to make you feel so comfortable around him.

At around 9, you decided you should probably be getting back home. You walk back to the car with him, never loosening your grip on his hand. He drives you back to your house, the whole way was filled with light conversation.

When he pulled in your driveway, he quickly got out of the drivers seat and went over to your side to open your door for you, "Mark, you really don't have to do all this."

You just realized the feeling of butterflies fluttering around inside your abdomen. He walked with you to the front door, "I had a really great time with you, (f/n). I hope we can do this again sometime." "I'd love that," you blushed slightly. "So I'll call you," he said as he rubbed his thumb on yours. You didn't want to let go of his hand. I want him to stay here forever.

You smile at him, he begins to lean in. Your mind shuts off. The feeling of lust has completely taken over your body. You close your eyes as you feel the fireworks go off. In that moment, you aren't worried about anything else. Your only focus is on his lips, now touching yours.

"You know, Mark, I usually don't kiss on the first date," the blush spreads across your face once more. "So this was a date," a devious smirk appears on his face. "What else would you call it?" You question. "The beginning."