Chapter 13 Always Have, Always Will

You spent the next year planning the perfect wedding. You had agreed you both wanted a fall wedding. You had looked into having your wedding at the tree. You weren't sure who owned it. It could be owned privately or by the state. There wasn't anyway for you to find out.

You and Mark went and look at many different locations. None matched the beauty of your special place.

You had planned the other parts of the wedding. The food, the guests, the dress. You were only inviting about 50 people. Only the closest friends and family. You both always wanted something small.

He's been so great helping out. He hasn't been too opinionated. He's mostly been concerned with what you want. You've told him he needs to be more opinionated but every time you say something he responds, "I just want you to be happy."

The day is fast approaching. Mark had somehow managed to figure out who owned the field with your special tree. He had already rented it. Now, all there was left to do was wait.

Your bridesmaids had talked to Mark without your knowledge. All they said is that he couldn't see she you at all the day of the wedding so he had to stay somewhere else besides your house. He was very understanding. His groomsmen had already had his bachelor party planned for the night before the wedding anyway so they'd just stay at a hotel near their "secret party location."

You weren't worried about his bachelor party. You trusted him. He would never do anything he knew you wouldn't like. Bob and Wade said they would film it and post it on YouTube so you could see it. But you had no desire to see it. That was his night. It was just for him and his friends.

Your friends came to your house the night before to have a small bachelorette party. You told then nothing crazy. Surprisingly, they listened. The craziest part was the gifts. You got typical bachelorette gifts, lingerie, alcohol, picture frames, and bath soaps.

The bridesmaids decided to sleepover so they didn't have to commute tomorrow. The wedding wasn't until late afternoon tomorrow, but preparations would take most of the day.

The next morning, you woke up to a text from Mark, "good morning, beautiful. I can't wait to see you later."

Your sister saw you smiling at your phone, "C'mon, (f/n), you'll be spending the rest of your life with this guy. You can't not talk to him for a few hours?" You laughed. You really couldn't. He was your everything.

The day went by progressively slow. This was the longest you've been away from Mark since you could remember. You did all the girls' makeup. You had a very clear vision of what you wanted and you executed it perfectly. They all did their own hair. That small of a detail didn't matter to you. At this point, you just wanted to see Mark again.

Mark had told you not to worry about setting anything up at the location. He said, "I've got people for that," by people you're assuming Bob, Wade and Tom.

The ceremony doesn't start until 5. Mark specifically said he wanted the sun to be in just the right place.

At 4, you get your dress on and get in the car. Your sister drives as you give her directions from the passenger seat.

You pull up and wait. The waiting takes forever. You can't see anything, your sister strategically parked at the end of the long line of cars so you wouldn't be able to see the ceremony space.

4:55. The bridesmaids get out of the car and walk over to their specified location. You know at exactly 4:49 you're suppose to get out and walk over there. But at 4:47, the car door opens. A hand reaches out, you take it and step out. It's your dad.

He makes sure you're facing away from the ceremony space and he gives you a hug, "my little girl is all grown up." you see tears in his eyes. Your dad almost never cries. The only time he really ever cried was your grandfathers funeral. "Dad, don't cry," you whisper. Your eyes starting to gloss over. "I want you to know that no matter how old you are, you'll always be my little girl. I may be handing you off tonight, but you will always be my baby." You smile at him. You're speechless.

He looks at his watch, "you ready?" He asks positioning his arm. You put your arm through his. Then look over at the sun. It's exactly halfway peeking over the tree line.

You begin walking over to the tree. You heard your song playing.

Settle down with me

Cover me up

Cuddle me up

Lie down with me

And hold me in your arms

As you approach the tree, you see what he's done. He's hung hundred of lights from it's long branches. The glow of each growing each second as the sun slowly makes it's decent behind the tree line.

And your heart's against my chest

Your lips pressed to me neck

You get to the row of chairs in the back. This is it. This is the moment you've been waiting for your entire life.

I'm falling for your eyes

But they don't know me yet

And with a feeling I'll forget

I'm in love now

You lock eyes with Mark. His move down to your dress. It's a fit and flare lace dress. It has cap sleeves with a key hole back. You had instantly fallen in love with it as you had with Mark. He seemed to love it too. A tear begins to fall down his face.

Kiss me like you wanna be love

You wanna be loved

You wanna be loved

This feels like falling in love

Falling in love

We're falling in love

You walk arm in arm with you father. You almost forget that there are people here. All you see is Mark. The butterflies return.

You reach him. Your father gives you a kiss on the cheek and hands you over. You look at Mark, "your beautiful," his lips from the words without them escaping. You blush. He still manages to do this even as you're marrying him.

Settle down with me

And I'll be your safety

You'll be my lady

The preacher talks for several minutes then, "and now for the vows. (F/n) and Mark have written their own vows."

Mark goes first, "(f/n)," he takes you hands, "I have loved you since the moment I met you. Our eyes met across that room, and instantly I knew I had to make you mine. My heat beats for you, (f/n). Always have, always will." You both start crying.

I was made to keep your body warm

But I'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms

"I remember our first date, I completely thought I would friend zone you but obviously, plans change for the better," he smiles as you wipe away his tears, "I love you more than anything else. My love for you is as bright as the sun, as deep as the ocean, and as real as this moment. You are my one true love."

You exchange rings, and hear a voice say, "I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Mark Fischbach. You may kiss the bride." Our lips connect for the first time as man and wife. It feels so natural. So meant to be. So real.

Fireworks explode as you almost forget everyone else. You wish this moment would last forever.

Kiss me like you wanna be loved

This feels like falling in love

We're falling in love