seven

Going back to school on Monday wasn't easy. I stood in front of the mirror for half an hour before deciding what to wear, I even took a shower in the morning, which rarely happened.

I was still quite embarrassed. For sliding into Harry's dm's. And I would have to sit with him today in class. Maybe he wouldn't show up?

Oh, but he always did. Even if he just showed up for the last fifteen minutes...

———

"Good morning, class!" Mr Wilk announced with a sigh as he put down hisncpmputer by his desk. No sight of Harry.

"Continue last weeks assignment, please."

Mr Wilks was a man of a few words, he just told us what to do, we did it, we got graded. I don't even know if he read our work.

I looked over at the lovely two in front, my best friend and his beloved girlfriend he has sex with. His first. He'll always remember her in some way.

They where chatting as always, a smile plastering both their lips as usual, they did seem to have fun together, but so did Niall and I. Oh, fuck me for being so greedy.

How do you get over someone you've never had to begin with? 'Cause I can't seem to figure it out, it drove me crazy!

"Are you daydreamin' of Erin again?" A low voice spoke close enough to my ear that I should've noticed someone sneaking up on me, yet I didn't.

"Holy fuck-" I said louder than I wanted to and looked over to my side, to see Harry sitting there with a smirk.

"Sorry, Margaret, I didn't mean to scare you." He laughed.

Shaking my head I looked down at my books, "When the fuck did you show up?"

"Oh just between you staring at Erin and then you staring at Niall."

"Sch!" I hushed him, hoping nobody heard us. "You're such an idiot."

"Yet you slid into my dm's, pretty sure that says more about you than me." He grinned at me, eyes twinkling in the light coming from the window on my side of the desk. He was pretty. And he was mocking me.

"It wasn't me it was Lou."

Harry snorted and leaned in closer to me, staring at me, "I believe you."

He didn't.

Harry's phone vibrated on the table in front of us and he was quick to pick it up and read the notification, turning his phone away from me as he did.

"Are you keeping your girlfriends hidden from me?" I mocked him back, hoping to turn the attention from my embarrassing weekend DM to him instead. I watched as his impression changed from smiling to neutral, "I thought we were becoming friends, Harold."

No response.

His face turned to worry, that was quite obvious, "Is everyting okay?" I asked.

Harry spun around in his chair and stood up, picking his books up as he did and then rushed out the classroom without a word.

The class' attention was now faced towards the door leading to our classroom, where he just rushed off, I looked over and saw Niall giving me a questioning look. I shook my shoulders in response.

I felt bad for joking about it, something seemed so off and the look of worry made me worry a tiny bit myself.

Was I beginning to grow some kind of care for this basically stranger?

———

"What was up with Styles today? I'm aware he's always late but he never leaves after being there for three minutes?" Niall chewed on his fries as he spoke on about today's class. Nothing exciting never happened in class, this was unusual.