Part 14

When I get home I relieve Miss Adler of her babysitting duties and kiss Emma on the cheek as she squealed in my arms.

"You look really happy." Miss Adler smirked.

"Uh, yeah, I'm in a good mood today, it was a good day." I try to contain my excitement.

"Did you see Elle?" Emma asked.

"I did see Elle... in fact, I'm going to see Elle tomorrow night." I tried to play it cool.

"Like a date?" Miss Adler grinned.

"Yes... so umm... would you mind watching Em kind of late?" I bit my lip.

"Should I have her spend the night at my place?" She whispered.

"No, God, no. Elle and I are just going to dinner and maybe have a few drinks." I assure her.

"Elle is going to be my new mommy!" Emma cheered.

"Woah, no. We don't know that and we aren't going to talk like that around Elle, understand?" I ask my four year old.

"I won't scare her away, but you better not mess this up because she could be my mommy." She threatened me.

"We aren't going to put that serious of a pressure on it, Emma." I lean my forehead against hers.

"If you aren't married by the time that I'm six, I'm asking her for you." Emma growled.

"Emma Elizabeth Hemmings!" I gasp.

"I'm a witness." Miss Adler winked at Emma before patting my back.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She called as she let herself out.

"Emma, we need to talk. I know you want a mother, believe me, I want you to have one too, but we don't know if Elle is even the one. We have to be polite and not talk like that around her." I sat her down.

"But can we talk like that? Would you make her my mommy?" Emma asked.

"I don't know, sweetie. If I'm honest, I just want to hold her hand for now." I kiss Emma's forehead.

"Take your time... but I really like Elle and want her to be in our lives." She pouts.

"She could be our friend or maybe I date her, we don't know. I haven't dated anyone since your mom, I might have forgot so it's going to take some time." I explain.

"I'm going to be nine and a half before I get mommy." Emma sighed.