21

"I love you." I say for the fiftieth time as Elle and I lie in bed.

"I love you too." She smiles softly as she plays with my hair.

"Do you feel pressured now with Emma calling you mum?" I ask.

"It feels strangely natural. Like I don't really have to try with you and her, I just fit in." She explains.

"Where have you been all my life?" I kiss her sweetly.

"Do you feel a pressure from Emma now that she calls me mom?" She asked.

"No, it makes me really happy. I love watching you two together." I grin.

"She's just so kind and loving." She gushed.

"Sometimes." I chuckle.

"I mean she always is good for me." Elle smirked.

"I would be too." I smirked before kissing her again.

Elle's phone started to ring and she grabbed it before her face went white.

"What?" I ask concerned.

"It's my dad, he wants to FaceTime..." she bit her lip.

"I'll go check on Emma, you talk to your dad." I kiss her forehead before leaving the room,

3 minutes later Elle is sprinting into Emma's room as I am rubbing her back to help her sleep.

"My dad's here!" She looked panicked before she ran out the room to the door.

"Dad!" I could hear her cheer.

"My baby!" I heard a low raspy manly voice.

"What are you doing here?" Elle asked.

I felt bad ease dropping.

"I missed my little girl, I've been in Miami with your brother for months with the boys."

Brother? Miami? Boys?

"I missed you tremendously." I hear Elle say.

"Daddy..." Emma whispers.

"Sh, lets let Elle catch up with her dad, you need some rest." I lie with her and rub her back.

"You got a truck? Or is that a neighbors?" I hear her father ask.

"Uh... that's Luke's... he's my boyfriend, he's here right now actually..." Elle sounded so nervous.

"You have a what?" I heard loudly.

"Baby!" I hear Elle yell.

I walk out to see a large, broad muscular man with salt and pepper hair with his hand extended to me.

I shake it firmly and make direct eye contact.

"Hello, Sir, I'm Luke, nice to meet you." I grin politely.

Elle immediately grabbed my arm and held me close after.

"Antony, nice to meet you, Luke. Forgive me, this is a big surprise to me." He chuckled.

"Luke works at Lenox with me, he's a doctor there, we met when I had an upper respiratory infection." Elle explained as we walked to the living room.

"That was a month ago." Her father raised an eyebrow.

"Well yes, we were more like acquaintances at that point though. A week after that, his daughter Emma was visiting her amazing father at work and ended up wondering from the ladies room to my office. So she kind of really pushed us a bit." Elle squeezed my hand.