Part 15

I walk to Elle's door to pick her up and was greeted by Aurora.

"Hey." Elle grinned as she hugged me.

"Hey." I exhaled as I looked at her.

"You look beautiful." I smiled in awe.

"Thank you, you look pretty cute yourself." She tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Uh, thank you. Are you ready?" I ask nervously.

"Yes." She takes my hand as we walk out the door.

She's holding my hand, I said I wanted to do that with her to Emma.

I open the car door for her and try not to freak out. I wanted to as I walked around to the drivers side but I refrained.

"I didn't really see you as a truck kind of guy." She starts conversation.

"Well, what did you see me as?" I ask amused as I drove.

"Sporty luxury car, probably black so it comes off as casual, has all the bells and whistles, ya know?" She giggled.

"I had a car like that, it was before Em was born and Catherine said it was unsafe and I decided it was time to grow up so... I became a truck dad." I chuckled.

"It's a very nice truck." She complimented.

"The front is, I had to vacuum all of Emma's loose Cheerios the other day so I wasn't an embarrassment." I laughed and grabbed her hand again as we got closer to the restaurant.

"She's lucky to have such an amazing father." Elle squeezed my hand lightly.

We arrived and Elle slipped her hands around my arm for me to escort her.

I loved how natural her actions were. It was so comfortable to be around her.

"Dr. Hemmings, no Miss Hemmings?" The hostess Helen asked.

"Emma is back at the house tonight, this is Elle." I introduce.

"Nice to meet you Elle, we will seat you both, follow me right this way." Helen winked at me as she left us seated.

"You come here often?" Elle smirked.

"It's in the rotation for daddy daughter date nights, I have to make sure she grows up knowing how a man is supposed to treat her. Also, I'm hoping to create the highest of standards so that no boy could ever meet them and my little girl doesn't date." I laugh.

"Awe, I love that, that's so cute." She grinned.

"I promise my whole personality isn't being a dad." I chuckle.

"She's your world, and rightfully so. But I know there is more to you." She smiled up at me.

The waitress came and I ordered us a bottle of wine as we looked at the menu.

"I don't think I ever asked you how old you are and that is so rude." I bring up.

"I mean you could have looked at my records, but I appreciate your ethics. I'm twenty four by the way." She bit her lip.

"Twenty four? You know I'm almost thirty? right?" I felt my heart drop.

"Yes, I googled you. But I'm... is my age an issue?" She asked nervously.

"No, not at all, I just didn't realize." I said a little stunned.

"It's not that large of a gap anyways." She said as the wine came.

It secretly turned me on. I don't know why, I guess I'm a sick fuck, but she seemed so youthful and fun and it made me giddy inside.

"No, not at all. I just think about when I was twenty four, I didn't own a home or have nearly the career that you do." I say impressed.