Chapter Twenty-three: Scalding Gold

Pulse. Visiting the king. Lev writes. Step out.

———

Midnight.

Torch.

The fire lit up the room.

Three figures.

Keishin arrived with the hot water on a large bowl, Takeda took a small cup and poured out the hot water to the objects lined up. After sanitizing the things and his hands, he took a cloth and dampened it in the hot water. He then dabbed the wet cloth around the wound inflicted by the arrow to clean it.

Takeda took a small sharp knife, and gave a clean incision on the wound in line with the arrow, creating a larger place for the head to be taken out. He used his finger to gauge how deep the arrowhead was.

He held the arrowhead between his fingers and carefully pulled out the arrow, his sweat trickling down his forehead. He sighed in relief when he saw that an important vein wasn't hit, but still, the wound was very deep.

Takeda took a curved needle, placing a thread on it and closed the boy's wound, applying a mixture of herbs over the stitched wound, and fell back to the wooden couch beside Tobio. He gave out a sigh of relief.

"Who is this kid?" he asked, tiredly stood up, and started to clean the boy with water and cloth.

"He's one of the Golden Omegas," Kageyama replied, eyes not leaving the boy.

"So he's an omega then? He's scentless though," he said as he treated other wounds. And his eyes fell upon the boy's foot, "Darn, he sprained his foot."

Tobio couldn't say anything, he knew that because he watched the hooded boy jump from his window, carrying another omega like its a very safe thing to do.

"I can't express how mad I am at the courts," Takeda broke the silence.

"They ignore my petitions, and now they let this kid go into this situation?" His brows furrowed deeper.

"Why do they hate us that much?" He asked with a pained voice, "If it wasn't for Keishin I could've been dead now."

"Female or male omega, were still human."

Kageyama couldn't answer.

Takeda finished cleaning up the boy and even changed his clothes. He chuckled when he saw Tobio covering his eyes, "Really? Tobio?" the prince gave out a small growl.

When he finished up, he started to arrange his things and cleaned up his materials. He walked to the door and stopped, "You staying here?" He asked the alpha who was now seated beside the sleeping boy.