Chapter Thirty: Steps

Meeting crows. The room.

———

Morning light.

Softly passing through the thin paper windows.

Hands reaching out to tap the space beside him. Instinctively looking for someone.

Distant smell of steam.

A deep voice greeted.

"Good morning Hinata-san."

His eyes widened, every ounce of sleepy bones in his body was shaken as the scent of the person settled. He sat up, the sheets falling down to his lap.

Looking around and realized he wasn't inside the medical room anymore.

It was the prince's room, the same room in House Kageyama's residence. With the light of day, he could clearly now see how spacious and elegantly arranged the room was. The room was a mix of black and cream, furniture was made of polished wood ranging from possibly cherry and cedar.

His eyes traveled to a figure wearing a dark blue kimono along with a gray hakama, "Please do not panic, father ordered the servants to bring you to my quarters, I am apologizing for our rudeness to your personal space," the dark-haired prince gave a small bow.

"Y-you're the one..."

"Yes, I am your betrothed one," the alpha finished his sentence.

"Crown princess Hinata Natsu explained things to me of how the plan will go. But I knew we just had to take some time to discuss," he settled at the bed's foot.

Hinata heaved a sigh, he knew this would eventually happen.

"First of all, Hinata-san, let's keep this whole thing formal," he fixed the outlines of his kimono and crossed his legs.

"A person will be sent to keep an eye on us, so publicly we have to act as good as wholesome engaged couples would."

"Alright your highness."

"Another thing, you do not need to be very formal when speaking to me. We are both royals and proper pleasantries are enough. But for personal issues, be reminded that we shall attend to our own affairs."

"Okay."

"No complaints on skinship?" the prince asked.

"Well, as long as it's needed, I do not have any concern. I am in no condition to be picky about the situation can't I?" Hinata waved his hands.