Chapter Twenty-six: Deserved Death

The representatives present themselves in the Courts. Back in the woods that night. The judgment. A declaration.

———

Dark but the sun was almost out.

As dawn peeked, there, different men and women stepped upon the borders of Mori.

All heading to the castle that seemed like shadows, Kurotadori Palace.

Eyes were intense.

"Yachi-san, are all of the representatives coming?" A black-haired man asked the young woman.

"Yes, and their courts won't be happy now that Natsu-sama is coming too," she replied cooly.

Natsu was a smart young woman, her being the crown princess wasn't just because her brother was unable to take the seat. In fact, Hinata was proud of his sister and wholeheartedly is happy that she's the one taking over.

Across the bridge of the fortress, all the representatives have crossed. From the Continental High Courts, Karasuno's courts, and of Helios.

But that same day was shaken.

Him waking up pulled the trial date.

The same morning he woke up smiling to a dark-haired alpha, "Kageyama-san then," he beamed.

Tobio gave off an awkward smile, right, the boy wasn't aware that his nation and the Continent are at each other's throats. He really wanted to talk with him, but that wasn't the priority at the moment.

Tobio exhaled,

"Hinata-san look I--"

The door banged open.

There, guards clad in black and oranges came in abruptly, standing tall. Tobio stood up in anger, "Excuse you," he scoffed, "The prince of this nation is in the room and you didn't even bother to announce? Are royals a joke to you servants now?" he asked coldly.

Hinata's face was utterly confused. But deep within him, fear loomed at the sight of the men.

The guards were not realizing that the prince was inside. They immediately bowed in respect, "Your highness we apologize," They turned to the men who were supposed to keep the door secure.

"The courtroom is to be assembled, they ordered us to fetch the convict," they explained through dipped heads.

"I--" he stopped, realizing that he had no power at the moment. He looked back at Hinata whose eyes were glassy and evidently lost.

"Kageyama-san, what's going on??" his voice was small, Tobio's chest heaved.

"You are to be tried. The High Courts suspect you as one of the Golden Omegas, but do not be afraid for people from where you were from came to defend you," he assured, face was emotionless but warmth was in his voice.

A guard walked past Tobio, holding the boy's wrist to attach shackles on him. He looked back at the dark-haired alpha whose brows were now furrowed. 

"Are they going to kill me?" eyes brimmed with tears, voice breaking. 

Tobio walked to him, the men moved aside, he leveled his head unto the boy.

"I won't let them."

———

Warmly lit.