Chapter Six: Road to Shirofukurou

They depart to rescue a distressed special fellow, a sly cat moves, and they arrive at a seemingly crazed village.

———

Cold.

Dark

But the light was almost peeking.

An hour before the sun rises in the east. A brunette omega is seen raking the forest, placing oils and herbs on a stone basin above a fire on certain points around the base.

The points around the base were like a small altar, Kenma and Kita devised the structure of the scent warding point. It was like a small wooden table with tall legs. In the middle of a tabletop was a hole where a stone basin was placed, its bottom sticking out. They put water, herbs, and oils in the basin as the bottom was under a fire structured underneath.

The boiling water lasts for almost six hours since the fire is small and the boil releases only small amounts of steam, enough to spread scent on the air. 

When Oikawa had to wait for the water to boil, he burns an incense that Kenma made, it was infused with the same ingredients of the warding formula. The incense lasts for thirty minutes, time enough for waiting for the water to boil. Since there were six points around the base, Oikawa needed help, and his usual helpers were Yahaba and Kaori.

"Oikawa-san," a light brown haired omega whispered. Oikawa was startled and almost knocked the vial of oils he placed on the wooden tabletop.

"Yahaba! Don't sneak up on me like that!" Oikawa told the boy who just laughed at him. Kaori approached them.

"Oikawa the others are preparing to depart for Shirofukuro already, you should go," Kaori told him. Oikawa scratched his head with his herb-scented fingers. He was hesitating.

When he goes on missions, the jobs were usually near and can be finished in less than six hours.

"Don't worry, we'll make sure to replace the formula every six hours, we'll have Shibayama help us," Kaori smiled and assured him.

"Yeah, Oikawa-san don't worry and trust us. We also want to make sure everyone is safe inside here, we'll do our jobs properly," Yahaba said to him. Oikawa couldn't help a smile forming on his lips.

"Okay fine, don't forget to set up incenses when you change the formulas okay? Do not wait for the water to boil, after you have set up one point and placed an incense, move to the other, we can't risk the formula to thin around here," Oikawa instructed the two.

After a few more instructions, Oikawa walked back to the base and went to the room where they keep their weapons.

The others were preparing a small ration of food and pieces of silver coins. Secured their other weapons on secluded places at their body. Leaving only at least a sword or bow onsight.