Chapter 8: Honk!

Hey everyone! :)

Sorry i haven't been able to update :(
I've been pretty busy with family and I couldn't find time to update.

But now I do so here's my next update :D

I hope you like it!!

                                  ♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡

Josh's POV 

I sit there watching the direction where she left, to go and get her chest checked up.

"I told you mom she wasn't gonna listen to me.." I whisper to myself

I use my free hand and run it through my hair. For these past days I couldn't even have time to fix myself cuz of my stupid cast. I can't do anything, I can't even dress myself.

Ugh..

Its embarressing cuz my mom has to help me dress myself.

I sit in the waiting room for a good 10 minutes just lost in my thoughts and I decide to leave.

I go out the door and into the hallway, its always crazy. Nurses and Doctors running around phone calls being made and many patients everywhere.

I walk to the elevators and press the button pointing down.

I wait and then the ding of the elevator catches my attention.  I walk into the elevator and press the button that has the star on it, meaning lobby.

Some oldies music is playing softly on the speaker of the elevator.

The ding of the elevator chimes again and the elevator doors open to reveal the lobby floor.  I walk out and see my mom waiting in one of the chairs, on her phone. 

She looks up and sees me standing, and smiles.

"Hey honey, how did it go?" She asks me.

"They said that I can get my cast off in a week." I tell her and give her a thumbs up.

"That's awesome! And did you see Adara while you were there? "

That name just ruins my mood.

"Yeah, she didn't want to talk to me. I told you, she hates me. Why am I doing this again?" I ask my mom.

"Oh, because she saved your life Josh. Not everybody can think of doing that." she tells me and puts one hand on my shoulder.

"None of this would've happened if you and dad weren't fighting. I wouldn't have to run away. " I say with anger building up inside of me.

I run my free hand through my hair again.

"Are you okay Josh?" She asks me.

"Do you really have to ask me that? That's a question that shouldn't be asked if you already know I'm not okay." I tell her. "Let's just go now, I don't want to talk about anything right now."

I don't look at my mom cuz I know i will break down, I just hate it when she talks like nothing happened.

I just walk and let my mom follow behind me out the hospital.

Once we are out I let my mom lead the way cuz I don't know where our car is.

As we get to the car I sit in the back seat, I don't want to be near my mother.