Chapter 7

(Y/N) POV~
"You promised him what!?!" My friend yelled as we sat in her room.

"I promised him that if we both weren't dating someone during our third year of high school, I would date him," I said blushing a bit.

"Then go get him, ask him if he's dating anyone, and if not, go get your man," She screamed, "By the way you talk about him I'm sure you actually like him, you've never talked about anyone else like this"

"But I don't want to just date him just because of a silly promise we made when we made when we were kids," I said shaking my head, who knows if she'll find Daichi and tell him herself that I like him and that I'm not dating anyone, and remind him about the promise we made.

"Okay, first off it was a pinkie promise, and you always keep your pinkie promises," She said, "And you have been single for years, you deserve to have someone"

"But he could be dating someone, and even if he isn't I don't want our relationship to be based off of a promise made when we were kids," I said shaking my head, why did I ever tell her about it.

"Well then leave it for now, bring it up later when you guys have hung out more, and then BOOM you've got yourself a man," She said clapping her hands together when she said boom.

"Fine," I said falling back into her bed, "We'll see"

~Time Skip because I'm super lazy~
It's been three weeks since I remembered the promise I made to Daichi, and talked about it with my friend. I've been able to hang out with Daichi a lot during those three weeks. Sometimes I'll watch his volleyball practice, or we'll go out for walks. We've actually had a few people tell us how cute a couple we are, but we never talk about it after words, we just tell them that we aren't a couple, or they walk away before we can, and today is one of those days when we are out taking a walk, as friends, and someone decided to tell us how cute of a couple we are, and who is that person you may ask, well...

"You two are such a cute couple," (F1/N) (Friend number 1 name) said. Luckily Daichi doesn't recognize her as one of my friends from Johzenji since I've never really talked about the time I spent there.

"Oh, we aren't dating," Daichi said, and I nodded.

"Well you two would make such a cute couple just think about it," My friend said walking away.

Daichi shrugged and kept walking since it happened a lot, since we usually go for walks when we're both bored and have nothing to do, since he lives close to me. As Daichi keeps walking I follow him and turn my head to look at my friend. She smiles and gives me a thumbs up mouthing the words 'Go Get Your Man'

"Hey (Y/N), can I ask you something?" Daichi asked seeming somewhat nervous, which I found weird.

"Ya, go a head," I say catching up with him. He stops and turns to me.

"I was wondering, are you dating anyone?" He asked looking away from me just a bit.

"Umm.. No.. Why?" I said.

'WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!' I screamed to myself inside my head.

"Well, I don't know if you remember but I've been thinking about a promise we made before you left," He said.

"I actually was too, if I'm being honest," I said, laughing a bit out of nervousness.

'WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!' I screamed to myself inside my head again, 'IS THIS A DREAM!!'

"Well I thought it was about time we fulfilled that promise, of that's okay with you," He said looking at me.

"I think that would be nice," I say smiling, as I scream to myself inside my head.

"We're thinking about the same promise right?" Daichi asked.

"I think so, the one we made after I gave you the cupcake?" I asked, hoping that we're talking about the same promise, because we definitely made many promises.

"That's the one," He said smiling, "Just so you know the only reason I'm bringing this promise up is so that you can't get out of dating me"

"I would date you even if we didn't make a promise," I said smiling.

"Okay, that's good to know," He said smiling as he grabbed my hand. Once my hand was in his I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. For some reason it's something I would always do as a kid, it was just a habit, a habit that I would like to keep.

"Hey, you two are a cute couple," Another one of my old friends from Johzenji said walking up to us.

"Thanks," Daichi said, smiling.

"Yes, thank you (F2/N) (Friend number 2 name)," I said laughing a bit.

"You know her?" Daichi asked me.

"Yes, She's one of my friends from Johzenji," I said laughing a bit.

"Wait!!! (F1/N) They're dating!!!! I think our plan worked!!" She screamed.

"Really!!!" (F1/N) screamed running over.

"No, your plan had nothing to do with this," I said shaking my head, as I heard Daichi laugh.

"I was hoping that when you guys have your wedding and get married you could say we helped you get together," (F2/N) said, as she pouted slightly.

"And that you would name your future children after us," (F1/N) said as she started to fake cry.

AN-
I hope you enjoyed
I know this story is super short but I probably will make some more chapters
Thanks for reading
Word Count~ 961