21. That's Great! Right?

*** Unedited ***

.

.

.

-Sam's PoV-

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been in a men's restroom before. I pushed that thought aside as I saw Ashton leaning over one of the sinks. He was so deep in thought that he didn't even notice me walk in. I was so tempted to walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waits. However, I prevented myself from getting any closer. What could he possibly want to tell me that he can't say openly? He knew he could trust me.

"Ashton?" I called softly.

I had spoken so softly that I was scared he wouldn't hear it. However, he jumped like he had just seen a ghost. He turned around to face me. His eyes looked bloodshot like he had been crying. It made me hurt to just stand there and not go over to him. He seemed to catch on to what I was trying not to do, so he opened his arms up to signal me to go to him.

I probably looked absolutely desperate to get to him as I ran as fast as I could into his waiting arms. He pulled me so close to him that I doubt that there was any space between us.

"Please don't hate me," he whispered while rocking us back and forth. "Please. Just please don't hate me," he murmured.

"Why would I hate you?" I asked.

There was a long pause after I had asked.

"Did the boys say anything?"

"No. Lauren just told me that you needed to tell me something and Luke said the same," I responded, pulling away from his grasp even though I could tell he had no intention of letting me go.

"You're going to hate me," he muttered, turning away from me again.

"Please, just tell me now. I don't like how you keep saying that I'm going to hate you," I said.

He exhaled before turning back toward me. He had the same stupid look in his eyes that Luke had earlier.

"The boys and I are moving to the UK for a couple of months," he said.

My world almost stopped spinning. The UK? So the whole band thing was really happening? They were so popular that they had to go to the UK in order to produce their music? I looked up at Ashton to see if he was really telling the truth. He nodded his head when he noticed my questioning glance.

I put on the most fake ass smile that I could muster for the millionth time in one day.

"That's great," I said, trying to not allow the hurt to come through to my voice. I held back the tears that were threatening to spill from my eyes.

As much as I wanted to prevent him getting too close to me, I didn't want him completely gone. 

"Th-that's great! Right?" I whispered. "Like, that's what you've always wanted to"

"But I don't want to leave you," he whispered, before hanging his head.

I stared at him for a while. I wanted nothing other than to tell him that I didn't want him to leave either. But I was not going to stop him from going after his dream. I was supposed to support him no matter what happens.

"You won't be leaving me as long as you come back," I said.

"It's not just that. I'll be dropping out of school and I won't be here for any of the family. It's just going to be me and the boys. And"

"Stop. Ashton, just stop," I said, placing my hand over his mouth to get him to stop ranting.

I sighed and looked down. I had an internal debate with myself about whether or not I should tell him about us not being together. I glanced back up at his face to see him staring at me with a questioning look.