The Cloaked Children

Sally Sebald was driving the car to the penthouse where she and her other 4 companions were supposed to save Jacques Snicket's son and Jerome Squalor from the threat of the evil V.F.D. She still had a weird uneasy feeling like someone was watching them, sneaking up and planning when to strike. I'm afraid to say that she was right.

          This exact threat was actually a group of two kids squashed in the backseat. "Hey, Duncan why don't you shut up or we'll get caught" Quigley Quagmire said. "I am, I should be saying that to you" Duncan replied quietly. In the middle section of the car, Violet and Julia were talking. Julia had to quickly take a sip of water when the car hit a pothole and it spilled on the ground. "I'm going to see if I left my other shoes in the backseat. Thank God I brought extras" she said to Violet.

         "Did you hear that?" Quigley told Duncan. "What should we do" Duncan replied. "Let's pretend to be statues" Duncan continued. They both froze on that queue as Julia turned to the back and screamed. "What happened" Sally said quickly. "We have unwanted guests" Julia replied. "The villains" Sally said turning around. "Nope it's just us" Duncan replied. "What on earth are you two doing here Charles said from the middle seat. "Well we thought you guys might need some backup, Duncan said. "We would have said that if we needed it" Hector said while driving.

          "What do we do with them now" Violet asked, clearly holding back a laugh looking at the two twins looking scared for their life. "We'll have to take them with us now, we can't turn back and put Percy-Luc in any more danger" Sally said reluctantly. "And don't get excited about it" Sally told the two, turning and looking at them. "You guys will not be coming in at all" she scolded. "Hey, at least you get to be the lookouts" Julia said which got everyone laughing Even Charles who had seemed super depressed lately because of the danger to Percy-Luc.

          "We're here" Hector said as he parked the car outside the place Violet used to know as a home for a very brief period of time. "667 Dark Avenue" Viole said aloud. "Yup lets get up there right now" Duncan said happily hoping everyone had forgiven him and Quigley. "Lookouts remember" Violet said pointing at the twins in a mock scolding way. "See ya" Julia said as the other 5 got out the car. "I hope they need us up there later" Duncan said to his brother. Sadly dear reader, I can assure you they will.