The Sensitive Stare

Julia was the only one awake other than Hector, who was driving when the mission group arrived back at The Zappy Zoo. The two of them woke the others up as they all got up and knocked on the door which was still closed as Florentina had ensured they would be under "temporary closure" while they and their V.F.D allies used the place as a temporary base. Klaus was the one to open the door as he greeted everyone. He gave Duncan and Quigley a look that said both "Why didn't you tell me" and "Why would you disobey sneak into a mission like that you irresponsible fools" at the same time. Suddenly he looked confused due to the obvious absence of Charles.

          "I assume Charles must have stayed back at the apartment. Although, weren't you guys supposed to bring Percy-Luc back here to safety?" he said. Then another possibility hit him and he frantically told them to come in. Meanwhile Florentina, Lemony, Jacquelyn and Captain Widdershins were talking about something important. "They're back minus Charles, they'll explain why," Isadora said arriving in the secret room. "Also, we were right about Duncan and Quigley," Klaus said, butting his head in through the door.

          Then he fell down as a loud noise came from behind him followed by a, "Sorry, we dropped a pan, but hey it didn't break" something only Phil the optimist would say. To his embarrassment, he fell right next to Isadora and grabbed her hand to try and steady himself. She saved him from a nasty fall as she pulled him back up. "That was impressive," Klaus said observing the blue eyes he always saw his gaze shift towards when near Isadora. She looked straight at him as well. "If you look into my eyes for 7 seconds straight, then without a doubt, your heart has found a soulmate," Isadora said in one of her famous couplets.

          1, 2, 3 the time was passing by as everyone in the room was silent. The adults looked awkwardly at each other as the two stared at each other. The count in everybody's head was at 6 and, "Is there a bathroom in here" Duncan said bursting into the door. Then he focused his eyes on Klaus and Isadora and the very awkward looking adults. "Nevermind I think I'll wait for Hector to get out of the other one. Isadora quickly followed him out looking very red as Klaus just stood there frozen in place.