Chapter 7

A Daring Mother's Day - chapter 7

Written by: JuliaFC

Beta-read by: Agrestebug and Speckleflower. Thank you SO much! You're both the best! :)

Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by (c) Thomas Astruc, TS1 Bouygues, Disney Channel, Zagtoon, Toei Animation. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.

oOo

"Marinette! Marinette please wake up!" Alya's voice stabbed her cotton filled head. "It's ten past eight! We're going to be late for school!"

Marinette's eyes sprang open. "TEN PAST EIGHT!" She jumped out of bed, her hands cupped both sides of her face. "Oh my God, this is a disaster! We'll never get ready on time!" She ran around in a panic frenzy, grabbing her school bag and putting on half of her clothes while brushing her teeth and the other half on while she rinsed with mouthwash.

Last night had been probably one of the most eventful and tiring nights ever. Not only the truth or dare game they both had played with Chat Noir had left her shaken, and nearly unable to sleep in the first place, but the ennerving game of phone tag that herself as Ladybug and Chat Noir both had unwillingly started and carried out until the early hours had made her even more exhausted. She had ended up falling asleep sitting on the toilet seat, and her dad had woken her up a little before 4 am, trying to open the locked bathroom's door to get ready for work. And luckily she had locked the door. She would have had a few problems explaining why Ladybug was sleeping sitting on their toilet seat, otherwise. So if it wasn't for the adrenaline rushing through her body, she doubted that she would have been able to keep her eyes open, right now.

She quickly washed her face and put some mascara and eyeliner on. Then she hastily grabbed her school bag, noticing that Alya instead was already fully dressed and ready to go, having even her backpack on her shoulders.

"What?" Alya asked with a surprised frown. "I have been trying to wake you up for ages. I even went downstairs and had breakfast! Like you should be doing right now."

Marinette looked at her phone's alarm. "No time for breakfast, it's twenty past eight!" That made some colour disappear even from Alya's face.

"We're only five minutes away, right?" panicked Alya. "Catch me if you can!" That said, Alya giggled and quickly ran down the stairs that lead in and out of Marinette's room, immediately followed by Marinette, as giggly as her. They rushed out of the apartment and then down the two flights of stairs. Marinette dashed into the bakery's kitchen and grabbed a couple of croissants just out of the oven, put them in a bag and then into her school bag, thinking that she would eat them later.

"Off to school maman, papa! See you later!" She didn't even wait for her parents to reply, and she was out of the back door, running after Alya until they both reached the traffic light. Which was red, of course.

"8.27. School is right there. Will we make it?" Alya inquired. "You're the expert here..." she sniggered.

Marinette sighed and grabbed her arm, resuming her run as soon as the light turned green. "Maybe only just!" she stated. Then, in an effort that would have put an athlete to shame, they sprinted down the road and got through the school's gate just seconds before the bell rang.

"Girl... seriously. No more sleepovers on a school night. You're going to kill me!" Alya said, her voice shaky in between her heavy breaths.

"Agreed," was Marinette's answer, as she tried very hard to tame the mad pounding of her heart. She swiped the sweat from her forehead and from under her eyes and stood up, finally able to look around.