Chapter-3

Arinya's POV

I woke up with a mild headache. I couldn't sleep properly last night. I kept twisting and turning in bed, maybe because of the new place.
"Who are you kidding Ari, you kept thinking of the awful things that happened yesterday." I said to myself in a low voice.

I can't be any less grateful to Elle. I don't know how to thank her. Also, I need to find some job. I just can't burden her with everything. She has done more than enough by letting me stay at her place.

It was 6:30 in the morning, I decided to quickly brush my teeth and take a warm shower. My headache too eased due to the relaxing shower. I changed into a plain lavender sweatshirt and black jeans and pulled my black hair in a ponytail. By the time, I got ready it was 7 AM. I headed downstairs and went straight into the kitchen.

"Elle might be getting ready for work, I'll just cook for both of us. This is the least I can do." I thought to myself.

After thinking for good 5 minutes, I decided on making scrambled eggs and chocolate mousse. While I was almost done, Elle hastily came running into the kitchen and suddenly stopped in her tracks when she saw me cooking.

"Good morning babe, why are you up so early? You could've slept a little more." She greeted with a confused look.

"Good morning El, Ah no I wasn't feeling sleepy so I thought of making breakfast for both of us...umm I hope you don't mind." I replied hesitantly.

"You're a life saver Ari, I am running late today. You saved me a lot of time, otherwise that jerk of my handsome boss would have fired me for being late." She said happily.

"Oh really, you'd have been fired just for being a little late." I asked while serving breakfast for both of us.

"Ughh yess... He never tolerates tardiness and won't spare a single second to fire anyone who doesn't take their work seriously. Also, nobody even tries to mess up with him because they know they won't be able to bear the end results. Actually why would anybody want to be in bad terms with Ashton King." She replied and sat on the chair.

"Ohh..Umm..complicated." That was the only thing that came out of mouth.

"Oh wait, you don't know about Ashton King?" She asked in a very shocking tone.

"I guess, I've read this name before somewhere but umm n..no I don't know." I replied.

"Dude, are you living under the rock!!? How can you not know about the biggest billionaire of USA who runs the topmost Architecture & Designs company? I mean, he is no less than a celebrity and you don't know him." She eyed me with a stunned look on her face.

"I..I..umm." I stuttered not knowing what to say. I felt like an alien at that instant. I have a very little knowledge about all this. Incidents that have happened to me in the past has made a home of fears inside me which doesn't allows me to open up to other people. I can only talk to Elle so freely in this entire world like I could to my parents.

"He is so goddamned good looking." She said dreamily to herself and started eating. I just smiled at her.

"Mmmmhh Ari, this breakfast tastes like heaven. Your cooking skills are amazing." She said devouring her breakfast.

"Thank you. I am glad that you liked it and it's nothing in comparison to what you're doing for me." I replied genuinely.

"Oh shut up, it's nothing. By the way, what do you plan on doing today? I mean I'll have to leave for work, so would you be able to manage everything alone." She asked.

"Ah yes, I'll be good and I'll just look for jobs online." I answered.

"Oh.Good luck." She smiled at me showing her teeth.

"Thanks." I smiled back at her.

We ate our breakfast while talking about nothing in particular. We both stood up and kept the dirty dishes in the sink.

"Oh yeah, El have you seen my handbag? I have my laptop's charger in it but I couldn't find it in the room." I spoke.

"Yes, you forgot it in the living room yesterday. I'll get that." She replied and went into the living room.

"Here." She said and handed over me the bag.

"I'll just get my phone and car keys." She said to me and I nodded.

I opened my handbag and started looking for my laptop charger. I wasn't able to find the charger in the mess that my bag certainly was. I carry a lot of things in my handbag and I always keep it organized. But yesterday, when they told me to just pack my things and leave, I hurriedly put all my stuff in this bag and the suitcase. At that moment, keeping things in an organized manner was the least of my concern.

I pulled out my files and some papers out of the bag and kept them on the table. After a while, I found the charger too and pulled it out of the bag as well.

"Ari, I'm leaving for work now." Elle spoke.

"Have a good day at work." I smiled at her.

She smiled back at me. She was about to turn but she squatted and picked up a few papers from the floor.

"Hey, are these yours?" She asked scrutinizing the papers.

"Oh yeah, I didn't realise when they flew and landed on the floor." I said looking at the papers in her hands.

"Wow.. These are amazing. You're a fabulous designer. Though I already knew that you are so talented but these are just.. mind blowing." She said looking at me.

"Thanks El.. But you're really exaggerating. These are some rough designs." I spoke.

"I am not exaggerating at all. Well, we'll fight over this in the evening. I gotta rush to work right now. Call me if you need anything. Love you!" She placed the designs on the table, hugged me and rushed towards the front door.

"Take care. Love you too." I replied back.

Elle left and I went back inside the kitchen. I grabbed all my stuff and headed upstairs. I sat on the bed and opened my laptop and started looking for jobs.

The rest of the day passed in a blur and I still couldn't find any suitable job. Elle came back home at 7:30 in the evening. I cooked dinner for both of us while she freshened up. After dinner, we watched a random TV show for a while and then headed towards our seperate rooms to sleep.

___________________________________________
Thanks for reading.
Please Vote, Share & Comment.