Chapter-47

Arinya's POV

When Ashton told me that something's on my lap, I lowered my gaze only to find a cute little customized card. I wondered where it came from and how come I didn't know it was lying here.

But that was the least of my concern because what actually caged my undivided attention was the content written on the card. My eyes just stayed glued to the little card when I took in the words and understood the real agenda behind today's dinner date.

What? Is this for real? Am I hallucinating?
Such thoughts clouded my mind.

An overwhelming wave of happiness came rushing all of a sudden but I just couldn't bring myself to react to it. I was extremely excited but my senses weren't able to decipher how to process this. I couldn't even imagine getting a surprise like this in my wildest of dreams.

My internal feelings were completely opposite of what must be visible on my face. I looked up to mind Ashton's promising gaze directed at me. His beautiful face was actually tensed up, indicated me to say something.

A thought popped up in my mind. I know I have turned so evil but happiness after a shock is immeasurable, right?

"I...Ashton." I whispered.

His eyes were contently affixed on me.

"Wh--what is this?"
I stuttered on purpose and my tone definitely showed some seriousness in a disagreeing manner.

His face immediately fell.

Ari, pack your bags..you're definitely having a drive down to hell for doing this to him intentionally.

"I..." He also couldn't get himself to form a complete sentence. He rubbed his face ferociously and cursed himself under his breath.

He took a moment to calm himself and then whispered it all in single breath.
"Ari, please forget this. It was a huge mistake. I don't know why I did this but..but it just felt right to me. However that's not the point now, I just want you to know that I love you and what we have now is above and beyond anything for me."

"Stupid stupid Ari with a black heart, no actually incredibly heartless with a black soul."
I silently muttered nonsense to snap at myself subconsciously.

"Ashton, I do love you but..." I whispered softly.

He thought that I am going to say exactly what he's thinking right now because of my pathetic expressions but apparently, I had no intentions of doing that. Because how could I?

"I..." I emphasized and he exhaled a deep breath which clearly conveyed disappointment but still smiled at me.

I couldn't torture him more, also because every cell in my body was shouting at me to shut my nuisance right away and say yes.

The card which by the way I still don't know how it made it's way on my lap, had the four most beautiful words written in a stylish cursive font.

Will you marry me?

"I will marry you."
I giggled out of nervousness, excitement and a million other mixed feelings. I instantly stood up from my chair.

He was tremendously shocked to listen those four words. He didn't move for an entire minute only stared at me.

"Did you just...Wait, what? I am not hearing things I want to hear, right?"
He too stood up from his chair.

"No.." I chuckled. I took a step and circled my arms around his neck.